MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't reply?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2013-03-24, 08:33 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]How's this? https://raw.github.com/mybb/mybb/2f87df5...s/post.php Smile

thank you so much, you just made this so much easier for me.
[Image: MgS3S8g.png]

What a joke. I opened this ticket like 17 months ago. How has such a basic but important issue fallen through the cracks so many times?
Considering 1.6.11 contains an important security fix, I'm sure you'd rather I push it back than allow your forum to be exploited.
This has nothing to do with you, personally, and everything to do with the fact that nobody seems to care about this issue despite it being posted about on this site pretty often. A lot of people are running into it. Why, in 17 months, has nobody taken the time to fix it? Is it really that complex of an issue?
The assigned developer is away. The last 18 months have been hectic for us but we're doing the best we can with few developers and little time.
Wasn't it targeted for 1.6.10 though?
The initial bug was fixed in 1.6.10 however there are still some problems which need to be fixed (which is a but tricky).
Couldn't you just simply make it not count Re: in the length?

$count = strlen(str_replace("Re:", "", $subject));

obviously using the language files for the Re:
(2013-09-03, 06:27 PM)Stefan C. Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't you just simply make it not count Re: in the length?
This is exactly how it is done in MyBB 1.6.10. Wink
(2013-09-04, 10:22 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-03, 06:27 PM)Stefan C. Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't you just simply make it not count Re: in the length?
This is exactly who it is done in MyBB 1.6.10. Wink

Then what's the issue people are still having?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10