MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ezeegaming.com | General Gaming Forum | Active
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
There's too much to scroll through before unregistered users can see the forums. I actually thought they were hidden to non-members! Board stats don't need to be on top - your meat and potatoes do.
Too many sections, removed stats off forumbit, ugly logo, ugly scrolling bar.
(2012-04-25, 04:18 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Too many sections, removed stats off forumbit, ugly logo, ugly scrolling bar.

All of the sections are full and are needed. Logo is fine members like it, ugly scrolling bar goes away after guests sign up.

(2012-04-25, 05:46 AM)cappazushi Wrote: [ -> ]There's too much to scroll through before unregistered users can see the forums. I actually thought they were hidden to non-members! Board stats don't need to be on top - your meat and potatoes do.

It's like 2 scrolls and your at the forums, once the login/register box is gone. Latest threads is a must and top posters doesn't take up that much room. But I have moved the shoutbox to the bottom for that same reason.
You have 12 sections with less than 10 threads. You then have another 12 sections with less than 25 threads. So no, they're not full and needed. Logo looks like it was done in Paint.

The guest scrolling is ugly and doesn't encourage sign ups at all. You have nearly triple the amount of sections I have on my whole board.
(2012-04-25, 06:54 PM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-25, 04:18 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Too many sections, removed stats off forumbit, ugly logo, ugly scrolling bar.

All of the sections are full and are needed. Logo is fine members like it, ugly scrolling bar goes away after guests sign up.

(2012-04-25, 05:46 AM)cappazushi Wrote: [ -> ]There's too much to scroll through before unregistered users can see the forums. I actually thought they were hidden to non-members! Board stats don't need to be on top - your meat and potatoes do.

It's like 2 scrolls and your at the forums, once the login/register box is gone. Latest threads is a must and top posters doesn't take up that much room. But I have moved the shoutbox to the bottom for that same reason.

If that's how you feel, that's fine. It's your forum. Wink When I visit a forum for the first time, however, I check the content a bit first. However, when I visited yours, I couldn't see it immediately. I actually thought your forum locked out guests (by disabling their ability to view the boards) so I was going to just pass over the site. Then I realized that the forums were buried under everything else.

If you want to have top posters/latest post sections, maybe making them appear side-by-side, or in a sidebar might be a more effective use of space.

I'm only telling you this because those two things were the exact reason I almost left your site within just a few seconds.
(2012-04-25, 07:37 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]You have 12 sections with less than 10 threads. You then have another 12 sections with less than 25 threads. So no, they're not full and needed. Logo looks like it was done in Paint.

The guest scrolling is ugly and doesn't encourage sign ups at all. You have nearly triple the amount of sections I have on my whole board.
Well I thought you were referring to posts. Still all pretty full considering there is only 4000 posts. Also who are you to say what is needed? If I want my website to include a certain topic I will make a forum for it. Maybe I want several different game forums so people will know that ezeegaming is for them and their favorite games. Logo does not look like it was done in paint now you just look retarded. Also I have added more forums and members and posting has continued to increase. Maybe I do know what I'm doing after all. lolWink

I am still haven't understood why everyone with a gaming forum is treated badly on here.
(2012-05-03, 07:20 AM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]I am still haven't understood why everyone with a gaming forum is treated badly on here.

It's unfortunate, but I think I can explain why it happens to certain people...

(2012-04-21, 10:57 PM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you like the site and I welcome all suggestions and or comments.

You say that, but look back at your posts. You've gotten lots of advice from experienced users, yet haven't taken a single criticism into consideration. If you are going to be confrontational with people that just want to offer a little help, you do have the option to close the thread to comments and suggestions. If you open yourself up to them, like you have, however, you ought to at least feign appreciation. After all, every time someone gives you advice, it's a free bump at the very least.
(2012-05-03, 08:46 AM)cappazushi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-03, 07:20 AM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]I am still haven't understood why everyone with a gaming forum is treated badly on here.

It's unfortunate, but I think I can explain why it happens to certain people...

(2012-04-21, 10:57 PM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you like the site and I welcome all suggestions and or comments.

You say that, but look back at your posts. You've gotten lots of advice from experienced users, yet haven't taken a single criticism into consideration. If you are going to be confrontational with people that just want to offer a little help, you do have the option to close the thread to comments and suggestions. If you open yourself up to them, like you have, however, you ought to at least feign appreciation. After all, every time someone gives you advice, it's a free bump at the very least.
Yes I appreciate all the advice, except from Anxiety he is just a hater I was addressing, he is mad because I called WWE fake so he comes here and posts hate. I thought about your advice but I really like the header the way it is, but it does bother me that it does take a few scrolls to get to the forums.
Anxiety isn't a hater, man. He's giving you honest feedback, which I agree.
A hater? That would imply I care enough to project feelings towards you. I gave honest feedback, you asked for it. You think I'm the only person that thinks having 41 sections on a board with so little posts is a bad move?

You're just another guy who doesn't want to accept criticism, that's fine by me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9