MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ezeegaming.com | General Gaming Forum | Active
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2012-07-05, 09:08 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Lmao. Good luck with ezee.

Need a facepalm smiley on here.

Thanks man, I think we just had a moment. Wink
(2012-07-05, 09:20 PM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-05, 09:08 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Lmao. Good luck with ezee.

Need a facepalm smiley on here.

Thanks man, I think we just had a moment. Wink

Dude seriously you've proven to be very immature I'm not surprised if no one visits your forum if you act like this there as well.
Here are my suggestions (most have already been listed:

-Remove portal
Doesn't provide anything useful, and takes more time from forum.

-Put the forum stats to the bottom
The first thing shown should be the forum, obviously…

-Remove the Chat
Chats and shoutboxes take away from activity of the forum as people tend to just talk there.

-You have so many un-needed categories and forums, I don't even know what to say. :/ Combine a few of them man, holy crap.

And just an off topic suggestion, have a better attitude towards the feedback people give you. We just want to help you.
(2012-07-06, 04:32 AM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]Here are my suggestions (most have already been listed:

-Remove portal
Doesn't provide anything useful, and takes more time from forum.

-Put the forum stats to the bottom
The first thing shown should be the forum, obviously…

-Remove the Chat
Chats and shoutboxes take away from activity of the forum as people tend to just talk there.

-You have so many un-needed categories and forums, I don't even know what to say. :/ Combine a few of them man, holy crap.

And just an off topic suggestion, have a better attitude towards the feedback people give you. We just want to help you.
I think I am using the portal very well, I don't know why more people don't use it.

You mean top posters? I have been thinking about that for a while, I will probably put at bottom.

The chat lets members get to know each other, and when that happens they come back. It also adds a change of pace and more fun which also encourages members to come back more often.

I try to keep only the forums the members want/need. Some of you don't understand a gamer forum will have more forums than you typical forum.

I am not trying to be rude. You guys act like you are 100% correct and I must obey. I am reading everything, thinking and explaining my point of view.
In your reply to me you were rational, with reasons supporting your ideas and such. That's respectable. Previously you just shot down all suggestions.

Personally, the portal IMO just clutters everything up.

As for the forums, I feel I & many other members here understand it. You don't need a forum for every single thing, just cover some general things. Why not make the Call of duty category a forum? Then put it under popular games. Toungue
One of the worst forums I've seen. Taking on the advice of cappazushi or Anxiety would only benefit you.
(2012-07-06, 07:22 AM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]In your reply to me you were rational, with reasons supporting your ideas and such. That's respectable. Previously you just shot down all suggestions.

Personally, the portal IMO just clutters everything up.

As for the forums, I feel I & many other members here understand it. You don't need a forum for every single thing, just cover some general things. Why not make the Call of duty category a forum? Then put it under popular games. Toungue

There is a lot of game specific things that people would post so I would worry about confusion, but I will see if some how I can merge the older Call of Dutys because not much content is created but there is a lot of resources there.

(2012-07-06, 07:23 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]One of the worst forums I've seen. Taking on the advice of cappazushi or Anxiety would only benefit you.

lol
(2012-07-06, 06:58 AM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]I try to keep only the forums the members want/need. Some of you don't understand a gamer forum will have more forums than you typical forum.

This is a pretty dangerous way of thinking. Without really knowing what kind of experience people here have, you invalidate their commentary because they "don't understand gaming forums".

Let's talk about NeoGAF.

NeoGAF is probably the most reputable video game forum in the world. It has a grand total of two forums about gaming. Those two forums combined have almost 40 million posts.

I'm not saying that you should do this, which I actually think is a bit too far in the opposite direction, though it could work with a tagging system. But to say that lots of forums is something inherent to a good video game forum is just completely dishonest. It's just your management strategy. And in the eyes of a lot of people who have done pretty well for themselves, it's not a very good one.

(And don't you dare try to tell me that NeoGAF is just one example or I will come back with a dozen more.)
Penny Arcade has one (video) gaming forum, one tabletop gaming forum, and one forum dedicated to their own game.
(2012-07-06, 02:07 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-06, 06:58 AM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]I try to keep only the forums the members want/need. Some of you don't understand a gamer forum will have more forums than you typical forum.

This is a pretty dangerous way of thinking. Without really knowing what kind of experience people here have, you invalidate their commentary because they "don't understand gaming forums".

Let's talk about NeoGAF.

NeoGAF is probably the most reputable video game forum in the world. It has a grand total of two forums about gaming. Those two forums combined have almost 40 million posts.

I'm not saying that you should do this, which I actually think is a bit too far in the opposite direction, though it could work with a tagging system. But to say that lots of forums is something inherent to a good video game forum is just completely dishonest. It's just your management strategy. And in the eyes of a lot of people who have done pretty well for themselves, it's not a very good one.

(And don't you dare try to tell me that NeoGAF is just one example or I will come back with a dozen more.)
I won't disagree there are some with few forums, but the majority of gaming/gaming modding forums have a lot of forums. I stand by my statement that gaming forums will have more forums than your typical forum, implied that I meant on average not every single case.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9