MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HF bigger than DP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Maybe this is a little over the top but wanted to share this info.

HF is now bigger than Digital Point forums.

DP:
Threads: 2,463,798
Registrations: 660943

HF:
Threads:2,464,231
Registrations:1,282,539

Why is this important to this community? I think it proves that MyBB can handle the biggest of forums perfectly fine. I know I run on less hardware than DP. You don't need every bell and whistle either. DP has some great extras and so do I but I think Shawn and I both share a minimalist approach on our forums. I've definitely learned from him and his site as an example of what I want and what's possible.

I really can't believe that it took me 5 years to get where DP took 8 years to get.

If you're a new forum admin be aware that it can take years and years of dedication and hard work. A successful forum doesn't just pop up overnight. And neither Shawn nor I spent our days spamming other forums. It was done the old fashioned way...SEO and content.
That's amazing Labrocca. Congratulations on your success. I wish there was more WhiteHat content there, I've always wished HF would steer towards that. (I'm aware it exists, but it's vastly overshadowed.)

Regardless of that, It's an amazing acheivement. Hopefully HF can keep MyBB as long as it is up.
That's outstanding. Congratz.
That is insane man. Good job. Not much of a surprise to hear that MyBB runs lightest.
Wow, amazing achievement labrocca! It's great to see just how well MyBB can handle high levels of traffic and content.
I agree about the level of traffic MyBB can handle. It's really under-appreciated imho in regards to performance. When I have found ways to improve the dev team has responded well to some of my suggestions. I feel 1.6.5+ has taken good strides at being optimal. While that might not seem important for smaller new forums they will be grateful when they do grow and they can stay on shared hosting for as long as possible.

I sent a few ideas for 1.8x. Hopefully a few are used to improve further the system. HF makes a great testing ground for a big board. I'm more than happy to toy around a bit to see if I can squeeze out some performance. At my level even saving 2-3% or resources matter.
Awesome!
Nice, but this is my first time learning about DP's existence, lol.
That's awesome, labrocca. Good job.
(2012-05-01, 08:41 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]Nice, but this is my first time learning about DP's existence, lol.

Made me laugh.

Great job, Jessie. It's an amazing accomplishment.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11