MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ThemeLocust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Still the same concept TBH. You're a designer yet you can't think up anything unique?
I feel that it takes skill to copy a theme too, unfortunately I hate to see that skill used where it definitely shouldn't be. :/

I'd say take your theme back to step one, maybe use something from that theme you like (The dark color for instance), and build it from there without looking at the TJ one, or yours until you're finished.

Anyways, seems like a copy atm, would like to see a unique theme on it.
How did you do the effect on the link hover over? Is that CSS3 or javascript?
Eric Wrote:I feel that it takes skill to copy a theme too, unfortunately I hate to see that skill used where it definitely shouldn't be. :/
Not true, View Source. Wink
(2012-08-24, 03:28 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say take your theme back to step one, maybe use something from that theme you like (The dark color for instance), and build it from there without looking at the TF one, or yours until you're finished.

Anyways, seems like a copy atm, would like to see a unique theme on it.
100% Agree.
(2012-08-24, 03:38 AM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]
Eric Wrote:I feel that it takes skill to copy a theme too, unfortunately I hate to see that skill used where it definitely shouldn't be. :/
Not true, View Source. Wink

Well, with MyBB all the code would have to be separated out into proper templates and the right variables for different things would be needed as well. That's mainly what I was meaning. xD
Thanks for copying my theme. Will be releasing 8 different colours of the theme today with added extras.

Tell me more about how your theme is "totally differnet"
[Image: 50263_260280574669_6734680_s.jpg]
[Image: pIaDNl.png]
http://i.imgur.com/pIaDN.png
Even if he did take a few elements from your theme, its basically a few background images and the colored line design (which I think is fabulous btw), the design for the on and off icons and a couple of smaller things. Its not like he completely ripped the theme off... probably. I've seen other themes that take elements from other themes and remain guilt free. So I would say that we should stop hounding him about it and ask him to just mention "inspired by BleepyEvans/ThemeJunk.ies" or something like that in the footer.
(2012-08-24, 08:53 AM)BleepyEvans Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for copying my theme. Will be releasing 8 different colours of the theme today with added extras.

Tell me more about how your theme is "totally differnet"
[Image: 50263_260280574669_6734680_s.jpg]
[Image: pIaDNl.png]
http://i.imgur.com/pIaDN.png

The only things similar is the icons and borders. You are not the only one allowed to own a dark MyBB theme. Two things I took from your theme: icon type and border. If I removed the border no one would have recognized any similarities. I'm glad you are releasing your theme to the public, that's good for you but I don't see how it applies to me. Like I said before hand, of you want to discuss my theme with me then forward it to my private message inbox. Keep my showcase empty of false accusations that I ripped this theme. My theme is 100% coded by me. In no way shape or form did I take any code from theme junkies.
Also, since when is cloning or being inspired by something illegal? If cloning things were against the law, companies like Adobe, Autodesk and Activision would have monopolies on their respective markets. Wink
(2012-08-24, 12:49 PM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]Also, since when is cloning or being inspired by something illegal? If cloning things were against the law, companies like Adobe, Autodesk and Activision would have monopolies on their respective markets. Wink

Well some people don't understand this. Oh well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6