MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ThemeLocust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I'll have to burst your little bubble, your design is unfinished, it's not "great". Your background is green (jade, leaning more green than blue), your logo has one shade of blue and your tcat is the default MyBB blue, your colors are off, not to mention the on icon blue is ANOTHER shade of blue. Your icons are way too big IMHO and honestly I don't like them that much, the theme could be much more elegant but the icons make it looks a bit cartoony. You have the default buttons, yet another shade of blue, so you have 4 shades of blue that don't go together and you threw a random picture in the background which you didn't even take time to fix in Photoshop to make it relate to the colors on your website and you're thinking about making other themes? This says that all your themes will be halfassed and that you will put little to no effort on finishing it.

Concentrate on fixing your site before you think it's "great".
What are you on about? Can someone "burst my little bubble" with some examples of what the hell your talking about. My theme is displaying fine in all of my browsers. Firefox, iOS, ect. Swine elaborate this a little an show me a screenshot of what your browsers issue is. Then I will be able to fix it. This just angers me a little.

Edit: I see what your talking about with the green. The default blue of the that's looks fine with the rest of the theme. I will be able to recolor the bg once I get my computer back.

Everyone is listing minor things that could be changed with 1 line of code. I am aware these changes need to be made. As I said before the theme is not 100% done and I need to balance content and design at the same time. In sorry if my theme mistakes happen to offend you.
If they're so simple to fix why not do it real quick to prevent people trying to help you, if you don't want them to that is (Judging from your attitude toward fmb)?
No it actually doesn't look fine with the "default" tcat color, as I said you have a couple different shades of blue so it looks disjointed. If it's just simple fixes, then DO IT. It's unprofessional, your website is half done. You finish the design, then you can put up content, if your site is not 100% ready then DO NOT start doing other projects, why the hell would you leave your website so unpolished? Your websites focus is about themes, make sure yours is top-notch since that's its main content - you have no excuse.
* Salih I is planning to show his new theme design in progress for CHF because he is now sure about the strength of criticism lol.
(2012-08-28, 10:16 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]No it actually doesn't look fine with the "default" tcat color, as I said you have a couple different shades of blue so it looks disjointed. If it's just simple fixes, then DO IT. It's unprofessional, your website is half done. You finish the design, then you can put up content, if your site is not 100% ready then DO NOT start doing other projects, why the hell would you leave your website so unpolished? Your websites focus is about themes, make sure yours is top-notch since that's its main content - you have no excuse.

If you read back a few posts you would see that I am without an Internet connection for a few weeks. Aka why I cannot fix them at the moment. (I am stuck with an iPhone as my only link to the Internet for now.)

Also, on the note of "how I approach FMB", if the first line of a post could be procieved as insulting then you will get the same kind of response. If you read back a few posts you would see how I react to proper critism. This isn't and never was a trolling match or flame war.
So if I were a potential customer and you found something I said rude you'd be rude back? Not cool mang.

Anyways, access to your MyBB ACP should be enough to fix the problem, so I don't see why using an iPhone is any excuse. j/s xD Good luck broseph.
iPhone not being an excuse yeahhhhh. No notepad++ or photoshop on this so why should I bother? Trial and error will take hours. And to answer your question, your not a customer so that doesn't apply.
you're*

I've "NEVER" used Notepad++ to edit a MyBB theme (Technically you'd have to copy / paste, edit, copy/paste again then save, so not directly in N++), basically because it's impossible. Also, you don't have to use photoshop to change your container to a higher width, or change the color of your tcat, or remove the white space from your thead, etc...

D:

Eric J. Wrote:potential customer

CorysReveng Wrote:your not a customer so that doesn't apply

Quote:1. Capable of being but not yet in existence; latent: a potential problem.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/potential
Whether he was a customer or not, you're in a public forum and you will be judged by the way you portray yourself and at the moment you just seem lazy, honestly and considering you're wanting to release your themes, you should consider us as potential customers.

Either way, I've never used Notepad ++, I use the MyBB editor when I edit my themes and you do not need Photoshop to edit CSS or HTML.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6