MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CMS|BLOG|ARTICLES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
We are not vBulletin. I'm sure that someone will make a CMS or blog plugin if you request it. Also, as brad said, it is easy enough to do both o them with xThreads.
What is xThread?
(2012-09-04, 08:48 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]We are not vBulletin.

+1 This should be a mybb tagline, there's no compare between the two boards
(2012-09-04, 08:54 PM)Xbat Wrote: [ -> ]What is xThread?

what is google?

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=288
We won't be developing a blog or CMS. MyBB is forum software. MyBB is not a community suite.

Building a blog or CMS around 2.0 will be very easy. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of different plugin developers decided to build blogging applications for MyBB due to how simple it would be.
(2012-09-05, 09:34 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]We won't be developing a blog or CMS. MyBB is forum software. MyBB is not a community suite.

Building a blog or CMS around 2.0 will be very easy. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of different plugin developers decided to build blogging applications for MyBB due to how simple it would be.

you like the idea?
That isn't what he meant. He meant that it isn't going to happen by the official team, although someone else probably will make one.
(2012-09-05, 09:34 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Building a blog or CMS around 2.0 will be very easy. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of different plugin developers decided to build blogging applications for MyBB due to how simple it would be.

So, I should wait then?
(2012-09-05, 11:45 PM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-05, 09:34 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Building a blog or CMS around 2.0 will be very easy. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of different plugin developers decided to build blogging applications for MyBB due to how simple it would be.

So, I should wait then?

2.0 is years away, holding your breath won't be advisable.
Just use xThreads as brad-t suggested. Look at these examples of what xThreads can do. That list has a blog and article templates already made if you want to use them. A CMS type template wouldn't be too hard to make. Or, if you want another plugin for a CMS, you can always use Nickman's MyCMS from MyBB Source.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7