MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CMS|BLOG|ARTICLES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2012-09-11, 11:19 PM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-11, 07:11 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Unpaid volunteer with very little time to spare? Yes.

That's a stretch.

For someone with little time, You spend a lot of time here.

Seriously? You have the audacity to say that? Browsing a forum you can do while multitasking. I can during class. I can whilst compiling, or like right now while I am playing a game. I browse when I do homework aswell. I could do it while I'm waiting for packages to compile on a server. But you should never ever tell a Dev he spends too much time. We used to complain all the time because Dev's were invisible on the forum minus announcements. Now that we have Nathan and Tomm who spend a few minutes a day on a forum, we shouldn't bash them and try to force them to do things that are not on their plan.

Here something I came to a conclusion of. MyBB is a huge team. I know trust Chris, Tomm, Nathan, and the rest of the team. I know, they are have a plan. I'm just gonna start to relax a little, because with people like Nathan and Tomm making 2.0, I can rest easy on the quality. I'm gonna start assuming they already know what 2.0 is already, and let the devs make their project
(2012-09-11, 11:43 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-11, 07:11 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Unpaid volunteer with very little time to spare? Yes.

That's a stretch.

But you should never ever tell a Dev he spends too much time.

I didn't say he spent too much time, I said he spends more time here than he makes out.
(2012-09-12, 01:37 AM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]

That's a stretch.

I didn't say he spent too much time, I said he spends more time here than he makes out.

I'm sorry have you ever made anything? Coding is a long, tedious process, and when you do it for yourself, you can take a billion shortcuts. When you do it for a forum system, used literally by millions it takes even longer. So if you want to criticize the devs on spending either too much time, or think that they are at all slacking, please show yourself out, or join the team and improve it. Because obviously no one is as perfect as you.
(2012-09-12, 01:37 AM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]

That's a stretch.

I never said I don't spend much time here due to time constraints, I said I'm an unpaid volunteer with very little time to spare. I don't count working on MyBB as part of my spare time anymore. I volunteer to work for the MyBB Group, working for MyBB is a job regardless of whether I'm a volunteer or if I was being paid. Any time I do have spare is a rarity where I'd spend time with the family. If I'm lazy for working up to 20+ hours per day, developing software for millions of users, and on top of that trying to keep myself sane having to deal with some of the members here, then I guess that makes me lazy.

Unpaid volunteer with very little time to spare? Yes. No, I won't spend my spare time to reinvent the wheel. If you wish to take this further then send me a PM. I've made my point clear.
Just a reminder; this thread is about the possibility of adding a CMS, Blog or Articles system to MyBB 2.0 and the advantages or disadvantages for that feature. Please follow the rules and stay on-topic.
(2012-09-11, 07:11 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-11, 06:57 PM)Xbat Wrote: [ -> ]Excuse me Nathan you are Mybb Founder/Owner ? to decide CMS/BLOG will not added? i just want a shortcut
and i swear its will be awesome

No, I am a developer of the software. It has been stated many, many times that 2.0 will not be including a CMS or a blog. If there was going to be a CMS, blog, or any other additional software bundled with MyBB 2.0 we would have announced it.

(2012-09-11, 06:57 PM)Xbat Wrote: [ -> ]i respect you Nathan but seems like you are too lazy so you dont want to make cms or blog

Calling me lazy isn't going to make me suddenly say we're going to be developing a social suite. No, the decision isn't directly mine, I'm stating facts which have already been set in stone.

Lazy? No. Unpaid volunteer with very little time to spare? Yes.

look mate i dont care if you are unpaid volunteer or you are michael jackson, i want to say this is awesome even if mybb is not website suite thats doesnt make any sense, Mybb could possibly got BLOG/ARTICLES/CMS forum software or web site suite the point is mybb will be awesome, more users believe me people love these things and if people dont want it just add 3 small simple settings 1-desable blog 2-disable articles 3-disable CMS , i am not here to challenge mybb developer or mybb support team i m here to say my idea cuz i love mybb if dont love mybb i will not make http://www.forum.ixbat.net so i want this idea in mybb 2

(2012-09-11, 07:59 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 2.0 won't include a CMS or have a blog addon.

Dont worry i can see the future Big Grin
Again, it will not have such a feature as core. It's not going to happen. Ever. If you want a CMS/Blog/Articles system building, hire a developer and pay them to do such a thing.
(2012-09-12, 02:50 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Again, it will not have such a feature as core. It's not going to happen. Ever. If you want a CMS/Blog/Articles system building, hire a developer and pay them to do such a thing.

why i hire a developer and pay for him and there is "Unpaid volunteer" and again its will be awesome
Because the unpaid volunteers are not going to add it. You want the feature, you hire somebody to build it for you.
(2012-09-12, 03:07 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Because the unpaid volunteers are not going to add it. You want the feature, you hire somebody to build it for you.

And why the "Unpaid Volunteer" won't to add this
i think cuz they think mybb is not website suit [i will say this is bullshit] thats not make any sense this is forum and i want mybb is best forum
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7