MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CMS|BLOG|ARTICLES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
XTHREAD IS awesome plugin Thanks mate
(2012-09-03, 08:45 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]vBulletin is a "community software" and "publishing suite"; MyBB is a extensible, lightweight, powerful forum software. Not everyone who uses MyBB uses or would use a CMS, the same with shoutboxes, notification systems, galleries, etc. We aren't going to include features only 2% of administrators will actually use, that's what plugins are for.

respectively, nobody would object to a CMS. And more then 2% of all users would use a CMS.
(2012-09-08, 05:20 PM)Scois0n Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-03, 08:45 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]vBulletin is a "community software" and "publishing suite"; MyBB is a extensible, lightweight, powerful forum software. Not everyone who uses MyBB uses or would use a CMS, the same with shoutboxes, notification systems, galleries, etc. We aren't going to include features only 2% of administrators will actually use, that's what plugins are for.

respectively, nobody would object to a CMS. And more then 2% of all users would use a CMS.

CMS IS good way to say your forum news with awesome style
But, MyBB isn't a CMS solution! It's a bulletin board (it's in the name for god sakes). I know where you are all coming from but if they start putting focus on a CMS the forum side of it will have to lose somewhere. There are already many great CMS solutions but IMO there aren't a lot of forum ones.
(2012-09-09, 04:32 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]But, MyBB isn't a CMS solution! It's a bulletin board (it's in the name for god sakes).

Integration to a CMS should, However, Be easier IMO.
And it will be. As said a number of times already 2.0 will have an API in place to make that process a lot easier.

There is a big difference between easy integration and making a CMS.
(2012-09-08, 06:25 PM)Xbat Wrote: [ -> ]

CMS IS good way to say your forum news with awesome style

So is a portal.

I object. It's more bloat that I won't use. I use a real CMS that is much more full, and makes my database lighter. By lighter I mean seperate.
(2012-09-09, 05:14 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]

I object. It's more bloat that I won't use. I use a real CMS that is much more full, and makes my database lighter.

okay. i'll change that to "not many". What do you mean by "a real CMS that is much more full"?

Anyways, I'm not wasting any more time in this pointless thread. They've said they will not input this option, so arguing about it will change nothing. I was only stating my opinion. I can live with an API to work with.
I'd love to seem a working bridge between joomla and mybb sometime. But i assume that's not gonna happen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7