MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vBulletin 5 demo released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
(2012-09-16, 08:30 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-16, 03:42 PM)CRAIG@VM Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-16, 02:06 PM)Kickerbat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-15, 07:34 AM)CRAIG@VM Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-14, 10:28 PM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]So they raised the price by more than $40, and are giving that "discount" they promised to license holders? Worth less than the price raise? Haha.

yep i for 1 wont be upgrading to 5 ill just stay on 4.2

Or maybe get MyBB Wink.. hint hint .. cough cough lol.

i upgraded to vb4 from mybb lol

**downgraded

What can vB4 do that MyBB can't that justifies the price?

its just a better more reliable product and theres features built in as standard like paid subscriptions ect. ive not hat a single prob with vb4.2 unlike the mybb that along is worth the money
Normally the vast amount of features built in is seen as a negative. Quite interested to know what issues you had with MyBB though.

I don't think a paid subscriptions core feature is worth over $200 lmao.
Only experienced forum software users tend to find all the extra features negative (Though there are some that don't). I can still remember talking with online friends about how many awesome extra features vBulletin had before I learned how to only use what I need (MyBB + plugins).
I don't really know. MyBB with an awesome theme can throw sparks, no homo. Toungue

I really like the XEN notifications system but hate the forum UI. I love MyBBs forum UI.
(2012-09-16, 11:30 PM)CRAIG@VM Wrote: [ -> ]its just a better more reliable product and theres features built in as standard like paid subscriptions ect. ive not hat a single prob with vb4.2 unlike the mybb that along is worth the money

After cutting out your ambiguous "etc" and complaints that 99% of forummasters will disagree with, you spent $200 for integrated paid subscriptions. Congratulations.
2000 features is just 2000 more things for me to learn. No thanks. Less can be more.

I'll compare MyBB to In-N-Out menu:
http://www.in-n-out.com/menu/not-so-secret-menu.aspx

And Vbulletin is like McDonalds. Ignorant fat people without a clue for what's healthy for them just loving the fried crap.
(2012-09-17, 04:59 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]And Vbulletin is like McDonalds. Ignorant fat people without a clue for what's healthy for them just loving the fried crap.

+1 to that.
I set up a VB3 forum with no previous experience, and it was easy as pie. There were a lot of features in the control panel, but no big deal. I was happy to have them all. I'm no longer an admin there (but still on staff). They decided not to upgrade to VB4. Maybe because I kept telling them about all the broken features in the early release. But I know admins who upgraded more than a year after it came out, and some of them are thrilled with it. Others not.

As for VB 5, I think it's too early to tell. But I'm not feeling real positive about its future.
(2012-09-17, 04:59 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]2000 features is just 2000 more things for me to learn. No thanks. Less can be more.

I'll compare MyBB to In-N-Out menu:
http://www.in-n-out.com/menu/not-so-secret-menu.aspx

And Vbulletin is like McDonalds. Ignorant fat people without a clue for what's healthy for them just loving the fried crap.

Gotta' love In-N-Out classic dining foods.

The new vB 5 seems to load slow in my end too, roughly 4 seconds I'd say.
Out of the big commercial packages, I'd really only consider IP.Board. I just like the UI more than vBulletin's, plus it loads faster. XD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19