MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vBulletin 5 demo released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
My forum hasn't once gone offline for database errors. It's "okay to start with", that sort of implies that once your board gets big it's not manageable, which we all know is utter crap.
(2012-09-20, 08:10 AM)CRAIG@VM Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-17, 04:57 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-16, 11:30 PM)CRAIG@VM Wrote: [ -> ]its just a better more reliable product and theres features built in as standard like paid subscriptions ect. ive not hat a single prob with vb4.2 unlike the mybb that along is worth the money

After cutting out your ambiguous "etc" and complaints that 99% of forummasters will disagree with, you spent $200 for integrated paid subscriptions. Congratulations.

no i paid for vb4 because its better full stop.put it this way my forum aint gone offline due to database errors since moving to vb4 unlike mybb,do you really think id buy it just for the subscriptions part lol mybb is ok to start with but done come close to vb but your not goin to agree of course because you use mybb.plus theres the support on vb

I lol'd. I don't even know where to start with this post. Really, it sounds more like your host was having troubles and not the software.
Its seeing very good..
(2012-09-20, 12:06 PM)AiedailEclipsed Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-20, 08:10 AM)CRAIG@VM Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-17, 04:57 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-16, 11:30 PM)CRAIG@VM Wrote: [ -> ]its just a better more reliable product and theres features built in as standard like paid subscriptions ect. ive not hat a single prob with vb4.2 unlike the mybb that along is worth the money

After cutting out your ambiguous "etc" and complaints that 99% of forummasters will disagree with, you spent $200 for integrated paid subscriptions. Congratulations.

no i paid for vb4 because its better full stop.put it this way my forum aint gone offline due to database errors since moving to vb4 unlike mybb,do you really think id buy it just for the subscriptions part lol mybb is ok to start with but done come close to vb but your not goin to agree of course because you use mybb.plus theres the support on vb

I lol'd. I don't even know where to start with this post. Really, it sounds more like your host was having troubles and not the software.

how can it be my host when im still using the same host now.the end of the day you get what you pay for though im not saying mybb crap far from it,its prob the best free software but cant really be compared to a paid software well with vb5 being the exception as vb5 is crap too much social media rather than forum for a start
Still waiting for a reason. I understand you prefer vB I'm just curious as to why as you haven't pointed out anything better yet, or anything worth $200+ anyway.
(2012-09-20, 02:01 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Still waiting for a reason. I understand you prefer vB I'm just curious as to why as you haven't pointed out anything better yet, or anything worth $200+ anyway.

Vbulletin has more flexibility than mybb. The add on products for vb out weigh mybb, support is quicker and over all customization is easier

mybb is still a great software to start out with, but it's just that a starter.
Really? That would be the first thing I'd pick MyBB over vB for, the ability to customise it to how you want. It's a LOT easier to customise a MyBB forum and separate it from the rest than it is with vBulletin in my opinion. MyBB is incredibly flexible.

They do have more modifications which you might see as customization, and I have no idea what their support is like in comparison, but generally MyBB is a lot easier to customise. I wouldn't call some of the big-boards using MyBB just a "starter" personally.
There are examples of large forums, who apparently have "outgrown" MyBB, that have converted to other software and regretted it months if not weeks later. MyBB isn't just a starter; it is solid forum software.

Only when your community needs that extra something to continue to grow should you risk going to community software - and even then, it can destroy forums.
I don't see MyBB as a starter forum software. It's a full-fledged system that can be manipulated just about any way you want. I think a lot of people tend to look down on free software because it's less exclusive and more accessible than paid software is.

I've used Xenforo, IPB, and vBulletin extensively, and can say without a doubt that MyBB is just as flexible as any of these forums, if not more so. There are enough plugins out there for MyBB that do the same things as the add on products that some other forums offer.

The reason why MyBB is great for an admin is the fact that it can be modified to suit your needs, and doesn't come with a lot of redundant features. It's a forum software at its core, and can easily be extended into a community suite by using plugins and modifications.
I think 1.8 will make,these forum traitors bite their tongue. Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19