MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vBulletin 5 demo released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
(2012-09-14, 10:39 AM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]They have one index.php file that always queries every single piece of data. So all the threads, blogs , post etc in one go. Which would explain the terrible page loading speed and the insane amount of queries.

I don't think you understand what a front controller is, or how AJAX works. Both are better patterns when used correctly. The large number of queries is just a result of bad programming, typical of IB developers since 4.0.
(2012-09-14, 12:38 PM)CRAIG@VM Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-14, 10:12 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]What!? VB 4 is a great product?! That was a flop too...

VB 3.x was reasonable, but IB has been Falling behind for a while now.
vb4 may of been a flop at release so im told but im talking about the latest version 4.2 witch yes now is a very good product that mybb cant come close to but you cant really compare a free product to a paid 1 as said mybb is the best free software

The whole of VB4 is a flop dude. I understand you're bias as you're using it but yeah, it's terrible. VB3.X I thought was pretty good.
(2012-09-14, 03:28 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you understand what a front controller is, or how AJAX works. Both are better patterns when used correctly. The large number of queries is just a result of bad programming, typical of IB developers since 4.0.

And while ajax etc are better when used correctly. I dont think its being used correctly when it now instead of showing data is hiding the requested data.
I just wonder what has changed if the manage to go from 7 to 100.. and even with bad programming somebody should have went in that office:

Uhm.. you all 100 queries something..

I mean the person behind forums.digitalpoint has been posting a lot and digitalpoint manages with 7 queries on the index.
(2012-09-14, 03:29 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-14, 10:12 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]What!? VB 4 is a great product?! That was a flop too...

vb4 may of been a flop at release so im told but im talking about the latest version 4.2 witch yes now is a very good product that mybb cant come close to but you cant really compare a free product to a paid 1 as said mybb is the best free software

The whole of VB4 is a flop dude. I understand you're bias as you're using it but yeah, it's terrible. VB3.X I thought was pretty good.

Eh, not really. When you configure it properly and whatnot, it actually runs pretty nice.
(2012-09-14, 12:22 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]oh dear oh dear oh dear....

34 scripts onload.

Two images, that should be a big plus! Angel
(2012-09-14, 03:40 PM)AiedailEclipsed Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, not really. When you configure it properly and whatnot, it actually runs pretty nice.

Yeah "pretty nice" is what I want from forum software I'm paying over $200 for lol..
(2012-09-14, 03:29 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]

if its that bad why would i pay £146 for it and ditch mybb thats free i had constant database error`s ect with mybb and not had a single error or problem since being on vb4.2 and its got more features built in than mybb

but i do agree about the bad comments on vb5 as it really is bad and i would`nt even use it for free
Quote:if its that bad why would i pay £146 for it and ditch mybb thats free i had constant database error`s ect with mybb and not had a single error or problem since being on vb4.2 and its got more features built in than mybb

You guys are going off-topic, please, don't.
Seems the demo is a lot faster for me today, and there's now a tag cloud. I guess they hopped right on fixing all those bugs people are reporting (Though adding a new feature with all the bugs doesn't make too much sense to me, so maybe it's been there the whole time and I just missed it). Heck, it might end up turning into a good software, I'll keep an open mind.

Edit: And then it betrays me by throwing HTTP errors. xD
its still missing basic features like paid subscriptions,memberlist and who`s online ect its got a long way to go and the theme is really bad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19