MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.2.1 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
If you edit the "MyBB Master Style" then you can expect any and all changes in it to be reverted. You shouldn't edit this theme as it serves as the backup/master incase anything goes wrong and a base for theme inheritance.
Ok, I didn't know that.

So what do I have to do now?

I just uploaded the mybb_themes table again, not the mybb_templates table.
(I did a search for updated templates and it didn't find any.. so is everything working fine now?)
if you uploaded the old table then that is fine - all will work correctly.

Chris
Thanks for your answer!

Any idea on how I could get back the default theme, and make a seperate theme for mine? Toungue

Besides, Chris, didn't the upgrader change anything in the themes section? I thought so..
Remembering the fact that my forum was totally broken when I upgrade from 1.8 to 1.2, I think this time to be more clever, and just to add the security patch in my forum and nothing more!

However, nice work Chris
I upgraded succesfully..

And the forum has been running since RC4
AlbaSport.com Wrote:Remembering the fact that my forum was totally broken when I upgrade from 1.8 to 1.2, I think this time to be more clever, and just to add the security patch in my forum and nothing more!

However, nice work Chris
This is a very simple upgrade procedure.

If you have no code modifications to the core files then all you need to do is upload the contents of the new release (with the exception of inc/config.php and inc/settings.php) and run the upgrade script. You won't lose anything (unless you've modified the "MyBB Master Style" - editing of which has been disabled in the release since my last post.)
If I read the announcement correctly, I can copy over the changes files instead of running the upgrade script?
Do we have to deactivate our plugins before update
azcoyote Wrote:If I read the announcement correctly, I can copy over the changes files instead of running the upgrade script?
We recommend you do both - it helps ensure your database is fully up to date. The only change in the upgrade script was that it changed the column types of the custom mycode table to text so they supported longer values - if you intend to make use of this feature then you should run the upgrade script. It will do no harm.

Quote:Do we have to deactivate our plugins before update
Even though the upgrade script recommends it, no, you should not have to. All plugins are still compatible with 1.2.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12