MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dietary Gaming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Well boys, it has been quite some time since I've posted in this section and it's finally time to again.

Dietary Gaming

At Dietary Gaming we focus on indie games. We chose this market because our staff members love playing indie games and it's a fairly small niche. We hope to do our best to succeed in this niche, but we can't do it without you. Why don't you register today and become part of our loving community. We currently run a highly modified custom template, built me. From a modified postbit to a custom utterly simple registration, we did our best to make it look great. In a few weeks we will be introducing a subscriber package that will contain one free indie game per month and coupons for various game markets and games. This is only the start. As Dietary Gaming becomes larger and larger we plan to expand our horizons. Maybe even one day getting so big we can have our own game (or at least sponsor one)! Even if you're currently not interested in indie games, why not stop on by and check a few out? You will not be disappointed!

Happy gaming fellas! Smile
Awesome theme
i registered i will be sharing some of my cs 1.6 demos
(2012-10-20, 09:38 PM)illusionalp Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome theme
i registered i will be sharing some of my cs 1.6 demos

Sweet! Looking forward to it dude!
Not a fan of the theme at all, specially for a gaming site. Wish you luck, though.
(2012-10-20, 09:48 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Not a fan of the theme at all, specially for a gaming site. Wish you luck, though.

Thanks!
Postbit looks terrific. You could get more registrations by having more content on the site. As the sections sit empty, it isn't attracting discussions but if you already had topics in each section people would be more inclined to join since then they have topics to participate in. I recommend strongly encouraging your staff to create multiple topics in each section.
(2012-10-20, 10:28 PM)smexy Wrote: [ -> ]Postbit looks terrific. You could get more registrations by having more content on the site. As the sections sit empty, it isn't attracting discussions but if you already had topics in each section people would be more inclined to join since then they have topics to participate in. I recommend strongly encouraging your staff to create multiple topics in each section.

I'm doing this as we speak! Thanks for the advice!
While I posted the Humanization Project to help other admins, I should have expected that people would steal my text verbatim. As well, there's a bug here.

[Image: CdV4K.png]

You stole my "agree to community guidelines and privacy policy" text, even though you have no such documents visible. And "let's do it", of course, was taken from me. And you used the stock MyBB agreement on the right, which is disappointing to say the least.

Bug here as well. This seems to be an issue all over your site.

[Image: 6D0Axl.png]

Onto other things, there's absolutely no information on your homepage about what your site is about and what content is available. It's hard to tell your individual forums apart since the icons are all the same -- not sure why you'd make such big forum links only to not make the images custom. This seems really half-baked at this point, you should've spent some more time working on this.

I also agree with FMB that the theme feels out of place right now, even if I do like the concept of the site itself.

(Also, a public appeals process is very weird.)
(2012-10-20, 10:38 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]While I posted the Humanization Project to help other admins, I should have expected that people would steal my text verbatim. As well, there's a bug here.

[IMG]

You stole my "agree to community guidelines and privacy policy" text, even though you have no such documents visible. And "let's do it", of course, was taken from me. And you used the stock MyBB agreement on the right, which is disappointing to say the least.

Bug here as well. This seems to be an issue all over your site.

[IMG]

Onto other things, there's absolutely no information on your homepage about what your site is about and what content is available. It's hard to tell your individual forums apart since the icons are all the same -- not sure why you'd make such big forum links only to not make the images custom. This seems really half-baked at this point, you should've spent some more time working on this.

I also agree with FMB that the theme feels out of place right now, even if I do like the concept of the site itself.

We shouldn't exactly use the words "stole" here as you provided the code for the registration yourself. I modified it (quite a bit honestly) to my likings. As for those bugs, absolutely none of them are happening on my end. browser/os?

Also, I had mentioned this to FMB through PM. I modified a template I was developing only because I didn't see the point in going full custom unless I knew there would be a decent user base already there. Also, you can't exactly say I stole text from you i.e. "Let's do it!" anyone could've written that. Yes, I did follow your thread. But again, you provided the code.

----------------------

Although I understand you and FMB may not currently like the theme I'd just like to say I have received countless praise on this theme and users really seem to like it.
(2012-10-20, 10:44 PM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]Although I understand you and FMB may not currently like the theme I'd just like to say I have received countless praise on this theme and users really seem to like it.

How many of those were designers or at least have a level in development, experience and a eye for design like Brad?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16