MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Mochachino (?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Now, you would feel bitter, a big company like Paypal will act upon their bitterness and probably sue you for copyright infrigment- to them you're a none name nobody who tried to base a design of off their professionally designed website.
Paypal won't care. Discerning consumers will, though. Your reputation so far is not good, and this is a very tightly-knit community that you are trying to sell to.
I don't disagree that this community is very tightly-knit Wink

But I will keep working to win it over, I wasn't expecting this to be easy. I'm sorry that my reputation is not good so far, but I don't believe I have really done anything to warrant this, but so be it, it is you guys set my reputation so I will get it back up.

How's this theme update for you guys anyway, any better?

http://i.imgur.com/x80JX.png
Looks nice, too bad PayPal patented login areas at the top of the window.

Not seriously, it really looks like PayPal's, maybe and just maybe if you were to at least change the main color of the theme, something not-blue may do it. Is blue your favorite color? Toungue
Update is much better, and could be very good if you removed the hyper-derivative elements.
(2012-11-16, 04:09 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Update is much better, and could be very good if you removed the hyper-derivative elements.

I'm glad I've finally managed to show you something you semi-approve of :p

"hyper-derivative elements"

Please can you elaborate? Do you mean glossy menu hover states?
I mean the stuff you ripped off of Paypal.
Hm, I can mess around with some new ideas, but I think any other arrangement just won't be as good. It might still be apparant that I copied paypal, but it's just trivial right now, I could probably find you multiple other websites which have the exact same style header and login box, it's a pretty common layout for a header with links and login.

I honestly think it's fine the way it is. The second you start saying I am copying paypal, you are essentially just letting paypal have the unique rights to a gray header and blue buttons, which is just ridiculous.

We might all have our subjective values of where we draw the line, but I'm pretty sure I'm not crossing it.

But having said all this, I will play around with some ideas and see if I can come up with anything I prefer.
It's not even the fact that you copied Paypal so much as it it's not really a nice design.

Quote:I honestly think it's fine the way it is. The second you start saying I am copying paypal, you are essentially just letting paypal have the unique rights to a gray header and blue buttons, which is just ridiculous.

Come on, you don't honestly think this.
You're crossing it and you're limiting yourself at what you can do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8