MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Mochachino (?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Blue, green a red looks decent but still too much grey in the theme but since you don't listen to feedback anyway there is no point really saying that is there? I will wait and see how it looks once coded. It seems alright and the general idea is good. Just needs less grey in the background.
(2012-11-17, 01:15 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]Blue, green a red looks decent but still too much grey in the theme but since you don't listen to feedback anyway there is no point really saying that is there? I will wait and see how it looks once coded. It seems alright and the general idea is good. Just needs less grey in the background.

I'm sure he does take feedback in and thinks about it however, if he does not like your style of feedback say you asked for a Green and yellow look but he didn't like it, how is he supposed to make it look good if he can't stand the sight of it? I mean, feedback is good as always but not every last bit of it is used.
I'm sorry but saying I don't listen to feedback anyway in such manner is just not fair when I most definitely do listen to feedback. In this thread alone you can see I've tried to listen to pretty much everyone.

I already tried to respond to the gray by a) making the main background slightly lighter and b) making the navigation black instead of white. Sure there still might be to much gray, but let me try and see how I can fix this. Personally, I love it how it is, but frankly my opinion doesn't really matter that much, I agree the communitie's is more important.
Just some fair warning, you won't be able to code the design the same as your mockup, you'd basically have to have millions of glow images uploaded to change based on each color (For the logo, and thead since it seems you're using the overlay blending effect). x.x Also the gray is very overpowering.

And people don't mind the facebook theme being a rip of facebook because the author clearly states in the thread and thread title that it's based off facebook, oh and it's free. This theme had no disclaimer toward Paypal and is planned for paid iirc.
(2012-11-18, 02:53 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Just some fair warning, you won't be able to code the design the same as your mockup, you'd basically have to have millions of glow images uploaded to change based on each color (For the logo, and thead since it seems you're using the overlay blending effect). x.x Also the gray is very overpowering.

And people don't mind the facebook theme being a rip of facebook because the author clearly states in the thread and thread title that it's based off facebook, oh and it's free. This theme had no disclaimer toward Paypal and is planned for paid iirc.

Yes I thought about that, the way I'm going to do it have have maybe 5 preset colours (I'm thinking green, red, blue, orange and purple) and clicking the color square will show a list of these colours.

Fair enough. But if I were to say in the OP that I based this off PayPal would that have made it alright? As I've said I've known other skin shops to sell replicas of other things (like itunes and photoshop), I just didn't think it would be a big deal or people would care. But anyway I think this theme has evolved enough now to not be considered a copy anyway.

I shall get on de-powering the grey...
After reading this whole thread I have so many things I could say but I am going to keep it short.

1. The design you have created. The grey is too strong as many people have already mentioned. You need to step away from all those damn glows everywhere, a glow is an extra feature, something special. Not a repeat element that should be used as a main base all over the theme.

2. Paypal. I think you need to read up on the difference between inspiration, copying and copyright. When someone creates a design they own that design and the entire concept around it. I do not mean the concept of having a logo, menu and login box on a full width header but I mean having the elements exactly where they are with the exact layout and styling that they have - That is copying and is a copyright infringement. You may not see this as doing any harm but it is actually stealing and they could, if they wanted to, launch a take-down against your site due to it or sue you. Not that I think they would, but they are allowed to by law. A lot of people don't understand what intellectual property actually is and this is something you really should read up on if you are going to get into the business of selling forum themes. This is actually exactly the same thing as happened when you bought that Audentio theme, you are selling intellectual property that doesn't belong to you. Know the law and you will be fine.

I truly believe that you have the will power to create some amazing themes but you have a lot to learn before you get there. You will not become an amazing designer overnight, nor will you earn loads of money in a long time or even manage to sell anything on the MyBB community due to the reputation you have gathered in the last week or so.

Reputation online is the most valuable thing you have and something you have to be very careful with. It works exactly the same way as friendship does - It takes a very long time to build and develop but it takes only a few seconds to tear down.
Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed reply.

I've made a few more changes hoping the colours are more to everyone's liking. If there's still something that you think should be changed let me know.

http://i.imgur.com/fX5Pq.png

With regards to your suggestions about "all the damn glows" I really don't know what you're referring to, I have one glow which is on the logo when hovered, and I think it's effective. The only other thing I can think of that you mean is the gloss on the menus. If this is the case then I have thought about it, and it looks good with with or without the effect, I just think it's a nice additional touch. Apart from these things I don't see anything else which could be considered glowing.

Regarding your 2nd point, thank you for the information, it was very useful. I'll make sure nothing like that ever happens again.

Of course I am still learning, and I accept that. I just ask that if I make a mistake you help me learn from it rather than either assuming the worse or flaming unnecessarily (not you personally, but other members been unnecessarily rude. Not that it bothers me, and can take any sort of criticism, I just think everyone should be respectful. It''s still possible to convey any point or opinion in a civilized manner.) During these start up weeks of my website I may have made some mistakes but I have also been wrongly accused of many things and people have assumed the worst. I do not believe I deserve this negative reputation so to speak, but I'm not going anywhere and will keep working to try and gain the acceptance of this community.
The user avatar is sort of floating in the middle of nowhere.
I think there is no need to have the welcome message and avatar, I also think the hover on the menu's should be round.

I also do not think there should be the grey part underneath the black footer, it look out of place. Confused

Good work. Big Grin
No one has accused you of nothing that hasn't been true.

On a note of your design, why do you have 4 different styles? You need to make your stuff flow correctly - you seem to not know what you want to do yourself.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8