MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Mochachino (?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Ok well I've played around a bit, and again changed it slightly. Still similar looking, but nevertheless an improvement imo:

http://i.imgur.com/aiLbN.png

The glow on the logo is the hover state.
You're overpowering your design with the gray.. you need to lighten up. I'm not a fan of the design at all, though.
(2012-11-16, 06:40 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]You're overpowering your design with the gray.. you need to lighten up. I'm not a fan of the design at all, though.

Not even a teeny, tiny bit? There must be something about it you like.
(2012-11-16, 06:46 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]Not even a teeny, tiny bit? There must be something about it you like.

You're very desperate for approval, not sure how much you expect when you've spent the last few pages arguing that ripping off other people's concepts is OK.

I agree the grey is too heavy.
Also agree with the whole too much grey. Make the actual background white, would look much better even though it still seems to be missing that factor that would make it an okay theme.
(2012-11-16, 07:43 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-16, 06:46 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]Not even a teeny, tiny bit? There must be something about it you like.

You're very desperate for approval, not sure how much you expect when you've spent the last few pages arguing that ripping off other people's concepts is OK.

I agree the grey is too heavy.

And you are very desperate to point out irrelevant flaws with someone. Of course I am seeking approval, you said it yourself this is the community I am trying to sell to, my whole business kind of runs off the approval of this community, so why are you surprised?

And don't bring that back up, you completely missed my point if that's what you think. You make it sound like my view is that it's ok to steal from other people and sell it off as my own. When in reality, all I did was use some elements in the first mock up of a skin idea which I based off the paypal website. And if you look at the latest preview, you can see how much it has changed and is no longer a replica, despite looking similar.This is why I post these threads with my mockups, so you guys can tell me what's wrong with it and what to change, so I can hopefully end up with something the community will like. It's not like I came in here shoving the inital design down your throat trying to sell it claiming it was perfect.

Your post need only have consisted of your last line. Since the general consensus is that there is too much grey, I'll see what I can do to brighten it up, thanks for the feedback.
[Image: tumblr_m7ko53zcxv1qmsrb7.gif]

literally me right now
(2012-11-16, 08:28 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ][Image: tumblr_m7ko53zcxv1qmsrb7.gif]

literally me right now

Nice to meet you Simon Cowell, I like your TV show "The X-Factor". I watch it every Saterday with my family whilst I drink Coca-Cola.
Sorry but adding the box shine to the header doesn't make it any different.
(2012-11-16, 09:09 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but adding the box shine to the header doesn't make it any different.

We're talking about really basic simplistic stuff here; a grey thead with an active indent. No more than 5 lines of CSS. No one owns the use of that or has priority right over it. You might as well have a go at me for using the colour blue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8