MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Intox-Fusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
What is show to members?
(2012-12-15, 09:20 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]What is show to members?

Haven't designed it yet, give me a couple of hours and then check back Smile

Here is the logged in view (user cp is hover state)

http://i.imgur.com/gHz10.png

What do you think?
Honestly, that's just a huge waste of space. You design aesthetics to fit functionality, not the other way around.
(2012-12-16, 05:57 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, that's just a huge waste of space. You design aesthetics to fit functionality, not the other way around.

What is a waste of space exactly? And there's no set rules to designing. It is what it is, it doesn't matter why it is the way it is, whether functionality or aesthetics came first is irrelevant, as long as the design as a whole is aesthetically pleasing and functional that's all that matters.
The design is not aesthetically pleasing. It looks like two different designs on the sidebar and main content. :\ It's a very busy design. It's not a good practice to fill out every single corner of the design, actually. Doing so makes it look cluttered and messy, like your mock-up atm. Take out or make some elements a bit smaller, I think that is more effective.
(2012-12-16, 06:07 AM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]The design is not aesthetically pleasing. It looks like two different designs on the sidebar and main content. :\ It's a very busy design. It's not a good practice to fill out every single corner of the design, actually. Doing so makes it look cluttered and messy, like your mock-up atm. Take out or make some elements a bit smaller, I think that is more effective.

If it isn't aesthetically pleasing, that's a different matter :p My point still stands.

I'll try it as a more basic, less cluttered theme and report back to see what you guys think.
Your best design so far.
Theme is not so bad, but that sidebar :/ Sidebar takes too much space, and it looks like some app on my Android and it's really annoying.
So the general consensus is no side bar which I can totally dig.

Currently in the midst of re-designing with no sidebar and it's looking good, will update soon.
Also the category body as well as forum body could be more consistent with the overall design.

However, I love the navbar.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9