MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Intox-Fusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Jason, I tried it with Titillium, and great choice, it definitely looks a lot better. FMB, although I'm not a fan of serif fonts, I gave it a try and it looked alright, and definitely gave me some ideas for how it might fit into other designs, but I don't think it really fit in with the design. But since it is just the logo, that doesn't really matter since customers will use their own logo with their own font Smile

Known, thanks a lot for your comment. I will for sure be coding this, to be released in the new year along with a few other themes (both free and premium ones).

Jovan, yeah you are definitely right, the logo was a bit too hard to read, but I've fixed that in the latest update:

http://i.imgur.com/bxMuM.png
(2012-12-17, 10:42 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]Jason, I tried it with Titillium, and great choice, it definitely looks a lot better. FMB, although I'm not a fan of serif fonts, I gave it a try and it looked alright, and definitely gave me some ideas for how it might fit into other designs, but I don't think it really fit in with the design. But since it is just the logo, that doesn't really matter since customers will use their own logo with their own font Smile

Known, thanks a lot for your comment. I will for sure be coding this, to be released in the new year along with a few other themes (both free and premium ones).

Jovan, yeah you are definitely right, the logo was a bit too hard to read, but I've fixed that in the latest update:

http://i.imgur.com/bxMuM.png

Looks great with the new font!
It's looking good, Ed. I'm curious to see what the final product will look like Smile
(2012-12-18, 12:29 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]It's looking good, Ed. I'm curious to see what the final product will look like Smile

Thanks Chris! Nice to bump into you :p

Decided to have a popup login box which I've noticed is quite popular these days:

http://i.imgur.com/4LFFr.png

Also made a few more subtle changes to the main design, and did the guest view:

http://i.imgur.com/mtq1h.png
Just finished the showthread page:

http://i.imgur.com/sLcnJ.png

At first glance it may look cluttered and busy, but that's only due to all the hover states being shown.

Post #1 shows how it would look to a staff member, with some features showing the hover state.

Post #2 shows how it would all normally look to a regular member. I've tried to be logical about the arrangement and position of the elements, so let me know what you think of it.
What made you decide to put the controls to the right like that? Seems like a huge waste of space – you already have a lot of space underneath the post you can use.

I also think it's absurd to take up so much space with "users browsing this thread" when the quick reply form is infinitely more important to bring focus to. Actually, I don't understand this functionality at all, anyway.

Why is "report this post" separate from all the other controls? Plus, putting it at the top of the post means that in order to report a post, you have to scroll back up once you've read it.

The divider between posts is unnecessarily complex and large.

[Image: 2JZ80.png]

Why are there two icons communicating "user" here? Is this necessary?

What's the point of showing time on the board? Every computer has a clock.

You should think more about whether elements are actually useful before adding them.
Agreeing with everything brad said pretty much. It "looks" great, but from a usability point of view it needs work.
Agreed with brad and Eric.
(2012-12-19, 04:13 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]What made you decide to put the controls to the right like that? Seems like a huge waste of space – you already have a lot of space underneath the post you can use.

I also think it's absurd to take up so much space with "users browsing this thread" when the quick reply form is infinitely more important to bring focus to. Actually, I don't understand this functionality at all, anyway.

Why is "report this post" separate from all the other controls? Plus, putting it at the top of the post means that in order to report a post, you have to scroll back up once you've read it.

The divider between posts is unnecessarily complex and large.

Why are there two icons communicating "user" here? Is this necessary?

What's the point of showing time on the board? Every computer has a clock.

You should think more about whether elements are actually useful before adding them.

I don't think customers are going to care about most the things you listed. And in answer to most of your "why" questions, isn't it obvious because I was trying to be original? You make it sound like I'm doing something wrong by trying something different. I think it's obvious "why" I've done everything I did. I'd much rather you have just pointed all the areas you would personally change, rather than ask me why I've made them like that. But if this is just your means of helping me than fair enough, the feedback is appreciated regardless.

The report post button is separate because it needs to stand out from the other buttons. I didn't think about having it at the top meant you had to scroll back up, so valid point.

1st one is the "Avatar" spot. Logged in members will have that replaced with their avatar. The idea was to show a random icon/avatar in that location to guests. The 2nd one is the user profile icon, as in, this icon symbolises clicking this link will take you to your profile. I wanted to keep the guest and member panel as consistent as possible.

As to what the point in showing the time on the board is, well, you tell me, it's MyBB's feature. It's not like I've just gone and randomly added the time. Which brings me to your last point, every MyBB user is different. I don't know what some users will want and what others won't. It's not really up to me to decide what features I want/don't want other MyBB users to use either. That's up to the admin of each specific forum.

Again, appreciate your feedback.
Doing something to be different is not good enough. Uniqueness is only valuable if it's an improvement. Design is not just how something looks ...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9