MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Single or Multiple Universes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Without starting a religious debate, from a theoretical and purely opinion based standpoint:

Do you believe there are multiple universes, or a single one?

I believe there are likely multiple universes, and believe there are a number of dimensions above our own (4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th & 9th). I also think its fairly egotistical to think we are the only intelligent life out there in our own universe, especially if we consider multiple universes.
It's quite obvious that there are 42 universes.

As a religious person, I don't think religion rules out the possibility of multiple universes. I seem to recall a talk my mom told me about where a priest was talking about mulitverses and such like that.
In religion they talk about multiple universes, but I do believe there are there , religious belief or not.
I believe in one single, ever expanding universe (one which will, essentially, just "be" and keep on expanding (possibly condensing too?)). I accept the possibility of multiple universes but unlike multiple planets you can't exactly prove there are multiple universes (unless I'm missing something). We haven't yet stepped foot on another planet, and traveling to the nearest star outside of our solar system would take 4 years - at the speed of light - I don't think we'd ever manage to find out for sure. Perhaps that's for the better. Life thrives on curiosity, sometimes it's better to wonder than to actually know. Smile
112,000 light years away? Alpha Centauri is only ~4.3 light years away from our sun.
I'm the same. I believe there is a single universe but I wouldn't be surprised if there were more. I wouldn't be surprised if our concept of the "universe" is more like a galaxy in a larger universe. Frankly, we've not even scratched the surface of understanding the cosmos.
(2013-01-02, 08:56 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]112,000 light years away? Alpha Centauri is only ~4.3 light years away from our sun.

I'm not quite sure where I managed to get that previous figure from. Confused
(2013-01-02, 09:03 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-02, 08:56 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]112,000 light years away? Alpha Centauri is only ~4.3 light years away from our sun.

I'm not quite sure where I managed to get that previous figure from. Confused

The number of lines of code you've found exploits in? Toungue

(2013-01-02, 09:03 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I'm the same. I believe there is a single universe but I wouldn't be surprised if there were more. I wouldn't be surprised if our concept of the "universe" is more like a galaxy in a larger universe. Frankly, we've not even scratched the surface of understanding the cosmos.

Makes you feel really tiny and small when you think about it o.o
We are tiny. Tiny and inconsequential. And when we're gone, the universe will not notice. Not a little bit.
(2013-01-02, 09:05 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]We are tiny. Tiny and inconsequential. And when we're gone, the universe will not notice. Not a little bit.

We are huge. Huge and important. And when we're gone, the universe will notice. A lot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9