MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smite Forums - Third Person MOBA Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Smite Forums is a community for fans to come together and discuss anything and everything related to the third-person perspective MOBA game Smite. Basically, think the concept of League of Legends (DotA) with the fighting style and game play of World of Warcraft.

Quote:Smite (usually styled SMITE) is a third person multiplayer online battle arena video game developed and published by Hi-Rez Studios for Microsoft Windows. In Smite, players take on the visage of a mythological god and take part in arena combat, using custom powers and team tactics against other player-controlled gods and non-player controlled minions.

I've spent a little while working on the theme for this forum. As you may have noticed, a lot of my influence has come from the MyBB Humanization Project, although I am slowly adding in some features of my own to make Smite Forums unique. I do still have a bit of work to do in the user control panel and member profiles, I know it's normally not good to post in this section when the website is unfinished, but I feel it is very close to having the core completed.

This niche is definitely lacking. Besides the official forums (poorly designed and bloated with complaints), the majority of other Smite related forums are quite small and either poorly maintained or have a lack of content/direction. We are currently in the process of setting up an official SFLeague, where people can take part in weekly tournaments and we will have top player rankings and cash prizes for the end of the season.

Last Updated: 22nd April 2013
Members: 170

http://www.smiteforums.com
I went to your forum and I couldn't find any information about this game at all. Seriously, none. What's the deal?

Also, disappointed to see so many similarities to my own theme, but it's not a huge deal since I'm already accelerating past that.
The Definitions are Copy and pasted without a Source.
It looks very nice and simple so far, but you really did completely lift the forumdisplay header from Brad - and I think that layout is one of the defining features of his theme. Yea, you gave credit, but I dunno. Seems a bit unfair.

Otherwise it looks nice and workmanlike.
Why not use mybb wiki? Also seems to be an extreme lack of content and users? Perhaps you should create a post with a link a to the game or more info to it for that matter? Also the green "new" image seems out of place doesnt match with the blue theme.

General Forums/General Discussion
Community Forums/Off Topic

now im no rocket scientist but this kind of the same... if you have a general discussion area how could anything be off topic? I know the description talks about it being smite but the whole reason for "general discussion" is to talk about any andeverything relating to and not relating to a certain subject, maybe change it to "Smite Discussion".

Since the game is an RPG shouldnt you have a bit more forums? I like how theres only a few but once again it doesnt tell you about the game like you dont have an armor/weapons section or a strategy section, or anything of that nature. In the end there just doesnt seem to be enough content/info to interest me in the game or the forum.
I like how simple your theme is and such, but it's too similar to Harajuju.net's theme. You did give credit and all, but I would like to see you do so much more with the theme, and make it to your own. Change some stuff up, you know?

As vegathechosen one has also mentioned, the green new/old images don't really match the theme. Wink

I'd also suggest posting some content about Smite, and just some general threads for future members to post in. ^_^
(2013-01-03, 03:36 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I went to your forum and I couldn't find any information about this game at all. Seriously, none. What's the deal?

Also, disappointed to see so many similarities to my own theme, but it's not a huge deal since I'm already accelerating past that.

I agree, the lack of information regarding the game is a setback for the website at this stage. If you have a chance to check it out again, I have added in a new section with a god listing. I will be adding quite a number of other sections today. In regards to the theme, the ideas you have given definitely provided influence on my theme, but it seems strange to post ideas and encourage members to get involved and then be disappointed when they put your ideas to good use.

(2013-01-03, 06:13 AM)Website Wrote: [ -> ]The Definitions are Copy and pasted without a Source.

Not sure what you are talking about, there is a source at the end of the post.

(2013-01-03, 06:16 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It looks very nice and simple so far, but you really did completely lift the forumdisplay header from Brad - and I think that layout is one of the defining features of his theme. Yea, you gave credit, but I dunno. Seems a bit unfair.

Otherwise it looks nice and workmanlike.

It works well with the design, nothing was completely lifted, I was merely building on the ideas that Brad has given in his MyBB Humanization Project thread.

(2013-01-03, 09:20 PM)vegathechosen Wrote: [ -> ]Why not use mybb wiki? Also seems to be an extreme lack of content and users? Perhaps you should create a post with a link a to the game or more info to it for that matter? Also the green "new" image seems out of place doesnt match with the blue theme.

General Forums/General Discussion
Community Forums/Off Topic

now im no rocket scientist but this kind of the same... if you have a general discussion area how could anything be off topic? I know the description talks about it being smite but the whole reason for "general discussion" is to talk about any andeverything relating to and not relating to a certain subject, maybe change it to "Smite Discussion".

Since the game is an RPG shouldnt you have a bit more forums? I like how theres only a few but once again it doesnt tell you about the game like you dont have an armor/weapons section or a strategy section, or anything of that nature. In the end there just doesnt seem to be enough content/info to interest me in the game or the forum.

The website is new, so yes, the lack of content and users is something that I will have to deal with until I start to provide content and build up the website. We all start at square one. Originally, the theme was a green layout, hence why the icon is out of place. I will have that fixed this evening. I am going to spend some time on the forum sections, however, I do want to avoid having a plethora of sections that are completely empty, it just looks bad for a new forum.

(2013-01-03, 09:28 PM)Zueq Wrote: [ -> ]I like how simple your theme is and such, but it's too similar to Harajuju.net's theme. You did give credit and all, but I would like to see you do so much more with the theme, and make it to your own. Change some stuff up, you know?

As vegathechosen one has also mentioned, the green new/old images don't really match the theme. Wink

I'd also suggest posting some content about Smite, and just some general threads for future members to post in. ^_^

I don't think the theme is too similar to Harajuju. The colour scheme and layout is completely different.
Come on dude ... you're being a bit obtuse. Honestly, the theme looks like a half-finished version of Harajuju's. :\ Even the postbit is identical. And this ...

[Image: cgwGY.png]

Versus Harajuju

[Image: uMbfP.png]

I didn't rag on you much about this before when you PM'd me since it was clear you were in development and I figured you would keep building on it. But you stopped at a half-baked version of my own ideas and seemed to miss the point of the Humanization Project entirely.

And frankly, the content is ... not good. I don't want to read a huge amount of info about a game I know nothing about. And then your Gods section just links to a wiki offsite – not your own content!

I'm disappointed that someone who follows the Humanization Project could miss such core principles of developing content before you launch.
The logo has been updated, I think this is a great improvement.
Nice way to ignore his post- I have to admit I agree with Brad. Brad spent his time developing his forum, that it's another color it's irrelevant - ideas were stolen. He said it on his thread himself, he didn't want people to balantly copy him but to be amazed by his innovative and create from it. Not copy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6