MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smite Forums - Third Person MOBA Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
The activity on the forum has definitely picked up over the past couple of weeks. I have spent some time merging a few of the sections we had as I just found them empty and useless. We have started our weekly gem giveaway competitions which is gaining some traction. If you haven't had a chance to check out the website, you definitely should.

http://www.smiteforums.com
I don't know anything about MOBAs, but how about adding a few custom fields that users can fill out? For stuff like usernames or whatever other information that can be shared.

Maybe add some in-game images to the "What Is Smite" page to break the monotony of the text.

Nice forum and good luck!
(2013-01-22, 01:52 AM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know anything about MOBAs, but how about adding a few custom fields that users can fill out? For stuff like usernames or whatever other information that can be shared.

Maybe add some in-game images to the "What Is Smite" page to break the monotony of the text.

Nice forum and good luck!

These are some great suggestions, thanks for the feedback. I'm still at the drawing board with profiles, I basically want to revamp the way profiles are edited and viewed, but having a few custom fields for player profiles will definitely be added (in game name, favourite god, etc). I am also going to working more on the "What Is Smite?" section, adding pictures is definitely on the agenda.
A wiki would be good along with some content relating to the game
(2013-01-22, 12:03 PM)Acid Wrote: [ -> ]A wiki would be good along with some content relating to the game

Our website is currently in works with Curse and SmiteWiki. We are just waiting on approval for our Smite API key so we can start building up a database.
Approval just came through for our access to the official Smite API so development of our database and build generator is going to commence shortly. I'll be adding in the ability for members to be able to tag items within posts using MyCode. I'm really excited to start this project.

Any other feedback people can give me?
Hey - I've got a little bit of feedback for you.

I'm a big fan of the theme, and what you've got going here is great - props to you - however, one thing I would change is the background to a large single image in a similar style to the background image of the header.

What do you think?

Anyway, well done and I wish your community the best Wink
(2013-02-06, 11:55 PM)Hawkthorne Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a big fan of the theme, and what you've got going here is great - props to you - however, one thing I would change is the background to a large single image in a similar style to the background image of the header.

I am honestly trying to avoid having large images that will cause the website to load slower. Thanks for your feedback though.
We are hosting our very first tournament on 9th March, which will have gem prizes (in-game currency). This has definitely increased the activity on the website and the response has been great. We are hoping to host these tournaments every fortnight and eventually have them running every weekend with bigger and better prizes (cash, electronics, etc).

As for the actual design, we are going to be keeping the logo up to date with the latest gods being added into the game, that way the website keeps the modern feel without too many design adjustments being made on a regular basis.

If you haven't had the chance to check it out, it would be awesome if I could get your feedback.

http://www.smiteforums.com
Wow I love your design! The simplicity and cleanness is perfect. The banner type logo to match fits in perfectly also.

Don't give up on this forum - I'm sure if you stick at it it will become a nice little success story Smile.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6