MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tableless Responsive Theme for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Okay, so I'm porting my table-less Responsive theme, FoundationNation for GetSimple CMS over to MyBB 1.6.9 and Wordpress...

This is going to be released for free to the community from Beta release until it's completely mature, then I'll add some cool stuff and make a purchase-able version (maybe). And I'll be updating this thread along the way.

Anyhow...

I'd like some input along the way on placement for elements...
Just want to put things in places MyBB admins and users would want them.
So.....
the standard Nav and welcome block elements elements
where do you guys want me to place them considering the current design of the header?
[Image: sJXoU6rl.png]

participation is welcomed.

Edit:
Update 05-06-2013:

tabs added to the responsive theme without the use of plugins

Edit:
Update 05-09-2013
removed 3 level gradients and replace color scheme to a metro style coloring palette. Moved Board Stats into it's own tab.
Deeplinking enabled.
Feedback welcomed
I wish you luck. It's been done a couple times in the past don't think any have been made public though. I was going to try a hand at it with 1.8 but now I don't have to.
ty Alex but good news,
I've already converted a few thousand tables, albeit I have to reshape them BUT... they're converted. Smile I've just about 78 TDs left (out of EVERYTHING, muahahaha) that I've got to decide what to change to in terms of grid style. I'm using Foundation Zurb 4 as the CSS framework which has a SASS port.

Edit:
BTW.. I'm putting this on Github so it will be 100% public and open source.
I'll convert the javascript table use too.. it's not hard searching the scripts for table use and switching them out.. however prototype is a PITA because there's a conflict with jQuery... so that's where being open source may help out.
Wow, amazing! I'll be sure to keep an eye on this project.
I still don't understand what ya'll have against tables.

If you know what you're doing and do it correctly tables are an extremely useful tool and timesaver.

I still use them today with many other web designers. There is nothing wrong with tables.
@Jason you're right but.... I hate tables... lol. They generally require JS to become responsive. ^^

Edit:
so just a reminder, in everyone's opinion, where should those user elements in the OP pic be placed? menu? the drop down bar body? another hidden until clicked div?
Index page completely done, need to find better icons for member controls but other than that index is complete.. moving onto threadlist and the like. All template (minus a few) will be edited to use Foundation 4.04 mobile first responsive theme framework.
Sucks on the CSS size limitation in MyBB.. so there's 3 CSS globals but one is just for color so maybe that's a good side effect Smile
Bread crumbs work nicely,
entire header drop down top bar is awesome!
and right menu is pretty neat.
Feedback is welcomed.
Will be on my github and will release to community when done (with Beta) probably under CC attribution.

[Image: k0OyatRl.png]
Nice work WebDevandPhoto. Good to see a project like this that would help lot of people.

The only thing that bothers me is the gradients. They are quite high in my opinion. Smile
Hi kevin, thank you! So I can figure it out, could you define a little better for me please by what you mean about the gradients? The elements with gradients is in the color.css global and easy to change Smile
I appreciate your work but I wouldn't say I'm a fan of it.

The header image slider is HUGE and totally unneeded, there's a useless 20 social icons, the main menu is hidden behind a dropdown when it should be easily accessible and right in front of the user, and you seem to have completely removed line-height from the CSS. Everything is extremely scrunched and close together. While what you're doing is good, you're only over complicating the already good base MyBB provided for us. There is nothing wrong with tables if you know how to use them, and if you're too lazy to learn then well that's your problem.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6