MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyFacebook Connect, the missing free bridge between Facebook and MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Shade : whether the plugin is ready to be used or not?
At the current stages is sufficiently stable to be used only on a test board, I wouldn't recommend running it on a live board.

The more users will help me testing it and reporting issues on the Test Board the faster the plugin will be ready to be release officially.

(2013-04-01, 09:31 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Darn. Seems I forgot to add Facebook pages login support: I'll do my best to bring compatibility with them.

Seems like you cannot login with a page on Facebook. You must login with a valid Facebook account.
Sweet plugin, well done with the development, it seems to work as it should!
work...
but not better has option to choice user name instead of get data of facebook?
I think ideally you need to give the user the option of which data they want to grab from Facebook. Personally I wouldn't want to provide my birthday, email, profile picture and name as part of the registration process. I'd much rather register my own details then just login using Facebook.

Also I do think it is necessary to give the user the password as you won't be able to change profile details etc without them Toungue
(2013-04-01, 11:02 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]work...
but not better has option to choice user name instead of get data of facebook?

I will work on this letting the administrators choose what method of registration they want to have - whether to let every user choose an username or use the Facebook one.

(2013-04-01, 11:12 AM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]I think ideally you need to give the user the option of which data they want to grab from Facebook. Personally I wouldn't want to provide my birthday, email, profile picture and name as part of the registration process. I'd much rather register my own details then just login using Facebook.

Also I do think it is necessary to give the user the password as you won't be able to change profile details etc without them Toungue

This is planned, although the email is required to register and therefore can't be omitted. I'll work on this too as soon as possible.
The plugin works great so far. But like Conor said, you should give us the choicd which we want to import. Also, the password should be generated and randomly sent as a Welcome PM.
(2013-04-01, 01:37 PM)Jimmy. Wrote: [ -> ]The plugin works great so far. But like Conor said, you should give us the choicd which we want to import. Also, the password should be generated and randomly sent as a Welcome PM.

I'm working on both Smile
Does the plugin use template edits? I would like to add a button for logging in.
Am I stupid or blind? I can't find the link to login with Facebook.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10