MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyFacebook Connect, the missing free bridge between Facebook and MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
MyFacebook Connect is nearly ready for an official release. The last commit I've pushed to GitHub includes:
  • Existing users can link their account with their Facebook one without creating a new one, just with the click of a button from their User Control Panel
  • When an account is linked to its respectively Facebook one, a setting panel appears with 6 options you can turn on and off which controls what data to sync at every login. Saving the options starts immediately a sync with the new options selected. Includes avatar and cover, sex, bio, location, birthday, name and last name, but as for now only avatar, cover (if Profile Picture is installed) and birthday work (the others are specifically developed for iDeviceLAB, but a global workaround is in developing)
  • You can choose between 2 different registration types: "Fast Mode" lets you register with one click as you would simply login, whereas "2Step Mode" lets you slow down a little bit and choose a new username, a new email and settings to sync data
  • Templates support
  • Fixed all known bugs

Tomorrow I'll push the final commit to GitHub including the chance to send a PM to every Facebook-registered users with their randomly generated password inside, and (hopefully) the chance to sync bio, location, name and last name and sex (which are custom profile fields, that's why they aren't included in the list already). The new version is currently in testing here. Stay tuned guys Smile
Excellent. Great work.
(2013-04-16, 09:29 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]MyFacebook Connect is nearly ready for an official release. The last commit I've pushed to GitHub includes:
  • Existing users can link their account with their Facebook one without creating a new one, just with the click of a button from their User Control Panel
  • When an account is linked to its respectively Facebook one, a setting panel appears with 6 options you can turn on and off which controls what data to sync at every login. Saving the options starts immediately a sync with the new options selected. Includes avatar and cover, sex, bio, location, birthday, name and last name, but as for now only avatar, cover (if Profile Picture is installed) and birthday work (the others are specifically developed for iDeviceLAB, but a global workaround is in developing)
  • You can choose between 2 different registration types: "Fast Mode" lets you register with one click as you would simply login, whereas "2Step Mode" lets you slow down a little bit and choose a new username, a new email and settings to sync data
  • Templates support
  • Fixed all known bugs

Tomorrow I'll push the final commit to GitHub including the chance to send a PM to every Facebook-registered users with their randomly generated password inside, and (hopefully) the chance to sync bio, location, name and last name and sex (which are custom profile fields, that's why they aren't included in the list already). The new version is currently in testing here. Stay tuned guys Smile

Amazing...

Next step...google ?
MyFacebook Connect 1.0 is now complete. A new package has been uploaded to the Mods Site and as soon as a moderator will approve it the plugin will be available to download.

In the meantime I'll write down the documentation on GitHub.
Killin' it. Will work with it this weekend I think.
Can you also try to replace login with Facebook text into facebook connect button?
That'll be up to you Sms2luv. Pretty easy though (maybe I'll write it down in the documentation).
(2013-04-17, 04:08 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]MyFacebook Connect 1.0 is now complete. A new package has been uploaded to the Mods Site and as soon as a moderator will approve it the plugin will be available to download.

In the meantime I'll write down the documentation on GitHub.

Nice! I was waiting for that.
Thanks for sharing all your great job!
translating
Thanks to Euan who approved the thread fastly: http://community.mybb.com/thread-137797.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10