MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is 'soft delete' feature really needed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Yeah this feature has almost neared completion. You can test it out on the 1.8 Beta 1. Smile
I think the most beneficial use of this feature would be when you have many other moderators on your board and want them to be able to delete posts but you still would like the ability to see what they have done and/or restore changes. Soft delete is the best way to do this.
soft delete is must have feature
Is there a way to hard delete something? Sorry I'm new to MyBB
^ inline post moderation available at bottom of page has delete posts permanently facility
that is, required posts can be selected on the thread page or at search results and inline moderation can be done
(2015-01-13, 05:49 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ inline post moderation available at bottom of page has delete posts permanently facility
that is, required posts can be selected on the thread page or at search results and inline moderation can be done

Awesome, I found it. Thanks .m.
It was a long awaited feature but...
I thought this worked other way, soft deleted posts are too invasive for admins and moderators. You get to see all the mess and the pages may become full of posts that you can actually see.

I hoped they could be hidden and not part of the pagination.

A it is, it just feels like traditional unapproved posts. A bit disappointing in a way.
I actually would love this feature 100% if the soft-deleted posts/threads displayed like ignored user posts. That way an admin/mod can read the deleted posts if needed, without them being so in your face.
(2015-01-19, 08:18 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I actually would love this feature 100% if the soft-deleted posts/threads displayed like ignored user posts. That way an admin/mod can read the deleted posts if needed, without them being so in your face.
That was one idea when I implemented it. Unfortunately it would still mean there could be pages with just hidden posts which would be pretty annoying. All investigated solutions to this were either slowing down the forum or unintuitive.
(2015-01-19, 01:25 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]....Unfortunately it would still mean there could be pages with just hidden posts which would be pretty annoying. ...

That is how it works on VBulletin. It really isn't an easy thing to solve. So I will just have to keep loving this solution you guys have made for us for 90% , rather than 100% Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6