MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is 'soft delete' feature really needed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
What I would be most in favor of is not showing the soft deleted posts under a standard view. We could pass a parameter in the url &show_deleted=1 to show deleted posts. Also on this subject, to me it would make sense if soft deleted posts could be managed from the ACP under Forums & Posts.
I agree... I dont use soft delete because of this. I an see all deleted posts and threads... it is not good. They should be hidden and shown only in special view mode for specific groups... another feature - show all soft deleted threads/posts and easily delete them permanently

Without these improvements it is useless... many of us wanted this feature but I expected more
I've always wanted a soft deleted notice myself...
So soft delete is kinda like a junk delete? I usually just move the threads/posts to a junk section I have only viewable by admins lol
(2015-01-19, 11:28 PM)geazy Wrote: [ -> ]So soft delete is kinda like a junk delete? I usually just move the threads/posts to a junk section I have only viewable by admins lol

Soft Delete makes the post unable to be viewed by anyone who is not a moderator of the forum the thread is posted in.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6