MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IcyBoards - FREE MyBB Hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2014-10-04, 03:33 PM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]Nice project but why are you only hosting MyBB 1.6.14?
What about 1.6.15 and 1.8.0?

If you read just ONE post above you Big Grin
Ah Icyboards is a wonderful MyBB host. I recommend their services to those who are new to owning a forum or for those who quickly want their forums up and running with no installation required.
(2014-10-04, 09:37 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-04, 03:33 PM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]Nice project but why are you only hosting MyBB 1.6.14?
What about 1.6.15 and 1.8.0?

If you read just ONE post above you Big Grin

We are focusing our efforts on the 1.8 updates. We are expecting to release 1.8 in a couple of days. After confirming everything is running smoothly, we will work on upgrading our 1.6.14 platform to 1.6.15. A host as huge as IcyBoards requires careful development and extensive testing before we can release a new version.
Sweet, awesome to hear. I see that MyBB 1.8 submissions are already accepted for new forums. It will definitely be interesting as soon as upgrades are officially supported for existing forums. Big Grin
We are now accepting MyBB 1.8 signups!
http://forums.icyboards.net/showthread.php?tid=7858
How do you install plugins and other themes if there isn't any FTP access? Is it a straight to forum deal here?
(2014-11-13, 04:14 AM)Tsar Wrote: [ -> ]How do you install plugins and other themes if there isn't any FTP access? Is it a straight to forum deal here?

Icyboards provides ways to upload images for themes, which are documented on the support forum. As for plugins, as with all similar forum hosts, plugins are preinstalled for all forums to be available. Smile
(2014-11-13, 04:18 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-13, 04:14 AM)Tsar Wrote: [ -> ]How do you install plugins and other themes if there isn't any FTP access? Is it a straight to forum deal here?

Icyboards provides ways to upload images for themes, which are documented on the support forum. As for plugins, as with all similar forum hosts, plugins are preinstalled for all forums to be available. Smile

Thank you!

I will look into it, I closed down my previous site but I might run another on here. 
Really good site, I started with MyBB here Smile
I also started with MyBB here, friendly community, helpful support.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9