MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IcyBoards - FREE MyBB Hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2017-02-21, 02:15 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanted to provide a brief update two important points of our services:
1) As of February 10th, all forums have been upgraded to MyBB 1.8.10.
2) We have been offering browser encryption (TLS/https) on all forums since October 2015. As of February 14th, this option is now defaulted to "on" for new forums being created. Although it is highly discouraged, new forums will still have the option to disable encryption. More information on browser encryption can be found here.

Nice. TLS by default is a very nice incentive, good work.

I notice that you're providing the HTTPS via a subdomain using a wildcard prefix, which makes sense. However, for custom domains I wonder if you have any plans to support Lets Encrypt? If I were using your service, that's the way I'd want to go for SSL.
Icyboards is where I started out with MyBB.

If it wasn't for Spork's generous service, I would not be where I am today.. hosting my own forum and learning so much about coding and other things.

So I guess I'd like to thank Spork for the opportunity he gave me, I sure did expand from it but would have never done so if I hadn't stumbled across Icyboards some few years ago.

I definitely recommend Icyboards 100%!
(2017-02-21, 02:15 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanted to provide a brief update two important points of our services:
1) As of February 10th, all forums have been upgraded to MyBB 1.8.10.
2) We have been offering browser encryption (TLS/https) on all forums since October 2015. As of February 14th, this option is now defaulted to "on" for new forums being created. Although it is highly discouraged, new forums will still have the option to disable encryption. More information on browser encryption can be found here.

I will not use your services due to the heavy-handed moderation at your website.

Apparently, your moderator does not like my posts that help users to protect their computers from the "nasties" that are bountiful on the internet.

I'm taking my business elsewhere.
(2017-02-21, 08:17 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Nice. TLS by default is a very nice incentive, good work.

I notice that you're providing the HTTPS via a subdomain using a wildcard prefix, which makes sense. However, for custom domains I wonder if you have any plans to support Lets Encrypt? If I were using your service, that's the way I'd want to go for SSL.
There's really no reason to operate a website anymore without https. I attended a security conference in Minneapolis a while back which is what really gave me the push needed to get to work on it. Let's Encrypt is on my list to investigate too, just haven't had a chance to research how it works. Smile

(2017-02-22, 12:00 AM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ]Icyboards is where I started out with MyBB.

If it wasn't for Spork's generous service, I would not be where I am today.. hosting my own forum and learning so much about coding and other things.

So I guess I'd like to thank Spork for the opportunity he gave me, I sure did expand from it but would have never done so if I hadn't stumbled across Icyboards some few years ago.

I definitely recommend Icyboards 100%!
It's great to hear feedback like this, keeps us motivated to charge forward Smile 

(2017-02-22, 11:58 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]I will not use your services due to the heavy-handed moderation at your website.

Apparently, your moderator does not like my posts that help users to protect their computers from the "nasties" that are bountiful on the internet.

I'm taking my business elsewhere.
You were very rude to the staff and threw a childish fit. This is not something to discuss publicly. If you wish to discuss, you may PM me on this forum.
(2017-02-24, 01:05 PM)mrmod Wrote: [ -> ]free is good but paid is better

Based on what analysis? The word "free"? There are a lot of people that don't want to manage hosting themselves, upgrades, plugin issues, etc. In that way, managed hosting (IcyBoards) is better. It all depends on your perspective and your forum needs.
Just like any other free forum hosting, you are limited to what there is. Jcink, proboards, etc. limit their plugins and abilities as well.

If you want more freedom it's time to up your game to self hosting. Sporks purpose here is to offer a free platform for MyBB. What he is doing is just the same as jcink, proboards, etc. but with better support in my opinion.
Just not sure why you would post that here then, most people already know this. If they wanted to pay, they would find their own hosting and pay. The title here specifically says free, if they are looking for free then this is what they are likely looking for.

I also must agree with you on "serpius,
someone does something nice and you diss it also a childish fit. how old are you? the mods had a reason to delete the post! also read the TOS"
the truth was spoken

are you hiring?
(2017-02-24, 08:15 PM)mrmod Wrote: [ -> ]the truth was spoken

are you hiring?

No, sorry. Our staff are asked directly when we need more help. We do not accept applications for staff positions.
(2017-02-24, 08:41 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-24, 08:15 PM)mrmod Wrote: [ -> ]the truth was spoken

are you hiring?

No, sorry. Our staff are asked directly when we need more help. We do not accept applications for staff positions.

The way it should be.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9