MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyProfile - comments, last visits, friends, collecting ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Oh, here's a question. Will people be able to delete comments from their own profile? I know this is helpful when someone is harassing a person, but not breaking the forum rules or when you simply have lazy mods.
I think not this. users can request for delete all of his comments and super moderator or admin can delete all. After review by super moderator or admin, delete all.
(2014-09-05, 09:28 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Just to warn you, alert integration will be changing slightly for 1.8 Wink I'll be sending documenting it properly soon, but basically it should become a whole lot easier/cleaner.

Well that's a very good news, I won't be working on the integration with MyAlerts any time soon anyway.
Thanks buddy for alerting me on that (no pun intended Big Grin)

(2014-09-05, 09:37 AM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, here's a question. Will people be able to delete comments from their own profile? I know this is helpful when someone is harassing a person, but not breaking the forum rules or when you simply have lazy mods.

It will have a powerful system against annoying users, means if user B is harrassing user A, the latter can add user B to his ignore list so he won't be able to comment on his profile anymore.

Which means, anyone on the ignore list of user A won't be able to comment on his profile.

(2014-09-05, 10:44 AM)SAEED.M Wrote: [ -> ]I think not this. users can request for delete all of his comments and super moderator or admin can delete all. After review by super moderator or admin, delete all.

You'll be able to give your users the adiblity to delete the comments on their profiles or not. But as a human being, I would tend to give people the ability to do this, otherwise people might publish spam content, and you have to wait for a mod to log in, in order to review this.
this mean is users delete his all comment but comment before delete, review by mods ? or users can delete all comments?
if add this a user request for delete all and after review and Approval from mods, all comments are deleted is so good.

and a new suggestion, can add this ability for add profile comments to plugin MyAlerts?

Show to myalert: "you have receive a comment in your profile"
(2014-09-05, 01:04 PM)SAEED.M Wrote: [ -> ]this mean is users delete his all comment but comment before delete, review by mods ? or users can delete all comments?
if add this a user request for delete all and after review and Approval from mods, all comments are deleted is so good.

and a new suggestion, can add this ability for add profile comments to plugin MyAlerts?

Show to myalert: "you have receive a comment in your profile"

Mods will have the ability to delete all comments in any profile, you can from your Admin CP, users will be able to "report" comments also, just like they can report posts etc.

And yes, it will be integrated with MyAlerts, so when you receive a comment, you see a new Alert : User X commented on your profile Big Grin
I have some infos on the user profile which can be only seen vy the admin and/or authorized mod. This info should go under one tab, but this tab should only be there for the ones who actually are authorized to see it.

I'm also working on my profile tab system, but I believe that hiding the tab to all regular users would involve conditionals. Better to achieve with your plug-in I think.
This looks awesome (especially the hook to add new tabs)!

I look forward to seeing it released.
(2014-09-05, 02:18 PM)TBO29 Wrote: [ -> ]I have some infos on the user profile which can be only seen vy the admin and/or authorized mod. This info should go under one tab, but this tab should only be there for the ones who actually are authorized to see it.

I'm also working on my profile tab system, but I believe that hiding the tab to all regular users would involve conditionals. Better to achieve with your plug-in I think.

Yes, I'm working on that right now, mod settings WILL have their own tab. Though I won't add any other tabs by default, because otherwise it will look ugly Big Grin

(2014-09-05, 02:42 PM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]This looks awesome (especially the hook to add new tabs)!

I look forward to seeing it released.

I'm working with a lot of excitement on it Smile
(2014-09-05, 04:33 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I'm working on that right now, mod settings WILL have their own tab. Though I won't add any other tabs by default, because otherwise it will look ugly Big Grin

I'm working with a lot of excitement on it Smile

Great, at this size 2 more tabs would probably be still fine.
Well i want to work on my site on profile area, but maybe i wait until you release it and put on my board to work, this mod have to be amazing i think Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6