MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyProfile - comments, last visits, friends, collecting ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2014-09-13, 03:34 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]Looking for volunteers for the profile buddies component?

Yes I will post it on Github and we can all work on it Smile

(2014-09-13, 04:48 AM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]I've got some coded for friend list and some other things like profile visits and many improvements but i wanna add some more things as i say before i am a volunteer for this plugin i think Omar too.

We can work for first release and see how it works besides work on profile comments or other mods, i have some mods but if we can do a better job i think it was great for all community.

Definitely Smile I'm glad you're considering to work on this plugin Smile

(2014-09-13, 06:01 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Does your plugin loads content on demand using AJAX or does it simply uses jQuery? Is it simolar to MyNetwork where plugims were required to use custom handlers to show data in profiles or mmainly template edits?

It uses Ajax over jQuery (using $.ajax function mainly).
MyNewtork? Hmm I don't know what plugin is that Big Grin But it's all done over template editing, but since it changes the whole member_profile template, it caches the old one, stores the new one, and on deactivation it restores the cached version. I can't figure out a better way of doing that, and I'll be glad to discuss that further, I create an empty repo for it now :

https://github.com/medbenji/MyProfile

It'll be under the MIT License (same one as jQuery) Smile
(2014-09-12, 05:24 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks quite nice, do you also plan to introduce an optional buddy list? Something like this plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/profile-buddies

@TheGarfield
thanks very nice

RE suggest profile-buddies
(profile-buddies-plugin) is good but not enough
why?
1- no link to see all buddies. (this option is necessary)
2- and may have better template -  like:

[Image: friends-b.jpg]

-----------------------------

[Image: friends-a.jpg]
Thats a vBulletin templates and i made for some users somwthing like that but i think we can improve some different and working fine.

That part was ready in some place of my pc but i have to add some parts, by the way i think i work on some missed parts when i got my pc again.

Right now i can not do nothing at all but when i can i think i do some for this or a new one but when i have the time. Right now i am waiting firstrelease to see code parts and try to work in the same way to structure all plugin in dimilarm programming form and be readable to many programmers Big Grin
(2014-09-13, 07:19 PM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]Thats a vBulletin templates and i made for some users somwthing like that but i think we can improve some different and working fine.

That part was ready in some place of my pc but i have to add some parts, by the way i think i work on some missed parts when i got my pc again.

Right now i can not do nothing at all but when i can i think i do some for this or a new one but when i have the time. Right now i am waiting firstrelease to see code parts and try to work in the same way to structure all plugin in dimilarm programming form and be readable to many programmers Big Grin

It is very readable, you don't have to worry about that Big Grin, right now I'm focusing on this "friend" thing, I may scrap the idea of tabbed profiles, and keep everything (comments, last visits, friend list) on the same page, or go completely on tabbed profiles so there's no way to disable the tabs and keep the other parts of the plugin. Because I have to make a decision, it's almost seems impossible switch between templates on a click of a button (maybe next versions?)

What do you guys think? Would you rather fully support tabbed profiles? Or go with the flat ones?

Basically, the frienship "bundle" just allows anyone to add anyone to their friend list. It's not like a facebook friending system where the other one receives a notification and has to either accept or decline the friendship.

[Image: 876590capture6.png]
Why don't you use the core feature? Duplicating features unnecessarily may slow down the development time of other features.

Just a heads up.
(2014-09-13, 10:57 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you use the core feature? Duplicating features unnecessarily may slow down the development time of other features.

Just a heads up.

Hmm, okay that's a good idea too Smile thank you
I personally prefer the idea of tabs.
MyNetwork loaded the content on request via AJAX using tabs, if you don't have a good reason to introduce tabs other that changing the design of the profile with no actual functionality on them (tabs) probably you don't need them at all.

If you haven't used MyNetwork before you probably have seen how other forum softwares load content on profiles. Except they do some weird implementation of side-tabs..
Ok for a first version, I'm not gonna go ham on tabs Big Grin But all the other functionalities are gonna be implemented, I feel it's so much easier this way.

It's not gonna last that long before I release a beta version, and the first version later Big Grin

[Image: 708133Capturemyprofile.png]
Yes This is very good. (not tabs)
if user can choose show with tabs or not is very better. can add a option in setting in user's control panel and if user set with tabs , all of profiles in forum show for this user with tabs and if not , show all user's profiles for this user with classic version.(not tabs)

And if for buddylist , add this setting to admin cp for set avatar height and width is very useful.

and can add a ability for add a option to admin cp for set how many users show in profile's last visit?

Thanks a lot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6