MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyProfile - comments, last visits, friends, collecting ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Why our edit doesn't offer a minimalistic version of itself Sad?
(2014-09-14, 09:16 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]Ok for a first version, I'm not gonna go ham on tabs Big Grin But all the other functionalities are gonna be implemented, I feel it's so much easier this way.

It's not gonna last that long before I release a beta version, and the first version later Big Grin

[Image: 708133Capturemyprofile.png]

Very nice. The only thing that looks odd is the add new comments form. For something that fully developed, it'd probably be best to have some sort of jquery expand link for that to make it a little less complicated. Overall I like the idea of bundling features from what several plugins would provide into one plugin.

(2014-09-14, 11:33 PM)SAEED.M Wrote: [ -> ]Yes This is very good. (not tabs)
if user can choose show with tabs or not is very better. can add a option in setting in user's control panel and if user set with tabs , all of profiles in forum show for this user with tabs and if not , show all user's profiles for this user with classic version.(not tabs)

I agree, but I think the main issue with that is that the template edits required to make a tabbed and an untabbed version would be very complicated. Essentially you'd end up with two separate profile templates that would end up needing to be made. Designers could of course always design tabbed profiles via jquery without too much work. Then again, an untabbed default still makes MyBB feel outdated. Toungue

Either way, this looks like a nice plugin. Nice work TheGarfield.
(2014-09-14, 11:49 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Why our edit doesn't offer a minimalistic version of itself Sad?

I know right? It feels awkward having a long toolbar Sad I may hack into code buttons to see how to shrink that a little bit, like nobody would want to align right / center / left a text in comments.. or even if they want to, they could expand the toolbar, but ... Sad

(2014-09-15, 01:06 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-14, 09:16 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]Ok for a first version, I'm not gonna go ham on tabs Big Grin But all the other functionalities are gonna be implemented, I feel it's so much easier this way.

It's not gonna last that long before I release a beta version, and the first version later Big Grin

[Image: 708133Capturemyprofile.png]

Very nice. The only thing that looks odd is the add new comments form. For something that fully developed, it'd probably be best to have some sort of jquery expand link for that to make it a little less complicated. Overall I like the idea of bundling features from what several plugins would provide into one plugin.

(2014-09-14, 11:33 PM)SAEED.M Wrote: [ -> ]Yes This is very good. (not tabs)
if user can choose show with tabs or not is very better. can add a option in setting in user's control panel and if user set with tabs , all of profiles in forum show for this user with tabs and if not , show all user's profiles for this user with classic version.(not tabs)

I agree, but I think the main issue with that is that the template edits required to make a tabbed and an untabbed version would be very complicated. Essentially you'd end up with two separate profile templates that would end up needing to be made. Designers could of course always design tabbed profiles via jquery without too much work. Then again, an untabbed default still makes MyBB feel outdated. Toungue

Either way, this looks like a nice plugin. Nice work TheGarfield.

Thank you, I have many ideas for versions that would come afterwards, tabbed profile is one of them, again, I really wanted to offer something minimalistic yet complete at first version. And yes the only thing that kinda sucks is that I have to completely replace the profile template with a new one. I have to spend more time in the future, to study the feasibility of tabs without editing the full template. Hmmmm.... Sad

But hey, for a first version it would look great Big Grin
Thanks a lot for answer and work. this plugin is very niiiiiiice.

But for my 2 suggestion ... this is possible?

(2014-09-14, 11:33 PM)SAEED.M Wrote: [ -> ]And if for buddylist , add this setting to admin cp for set avatar height and width is very useful.
and can add a ability for add a option to admin cp for set how many users show in profile's last visit?

Thanks.
Avatars should be handled by the format_avatar function, which already has settings.
(2014-09-15, 09:38 PM)SAEED.M Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot for answer and work. this plugin is very niiiiiiice.

But for my 2 suggestion ... this is possible?

(2014-09-14, 11:33 PM)SAEED.M Wrote: [ -> ]And if for buddylist , add this setting to admin cp for set avatar height and width is very useful.
and can add a ability for add a option to admin cp for set how many users show in profile's last visit?

Thanks.

Yes you will have an option in Admin CP to set avatar's height and weight.
And you can already set in Admin CP how many profiles to record in Last Visitors part.

(2014-09-15, 11:50 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Avatars should be handled by the format_avatar function, which already has settings.

Avatars are all generated using format_avatar function thanks to MyBB 1.8, no more scale_image thing Big Grin
It starts looking good, Beta version coming this sunday Big Grin
great
How can I make the profile comments plugin to show up on the profile?
(2014-09-04, 10:44 PM)SAEED.M Wrote: [ -> ]Hi , I have a great idea for profile comments.

but this is a single plugin? i just need to profile comments!

my isea for this is:

Add this ability:  in mod cp add a new menu. and this menu is: "Comments manager"  and this menu's submenu or Subgroup is:
1. Send comment to a group of users.
2. Delete all of a user's comments.
3. delete comments in forum from specific time!
4. Request for delete comments.
5. Total of comments in forum

This menu like this image:
Like this

And what this opts ??

1. Send a comments to all users:
Send a comments to all users and filter by: user's online in 48 hours ago
user's posts more than 1
Both
Like this image:
Send comments

2. Delete all of a user comments:
this ability is a box and enter user id and after click to Run, all of user's comments is Deleted.

3. Delete comments from Specific time:
This is very good. is a box and we select all comments before 3 months ago or 1 year or 6 months was delete (this important before this time). and after click to Run, comments before this time was deleted.

4. Request for delete all comments:
And this is so good. member in his profile and in profile comments thead add a new lang for this : (Request For delete all comments) and after user click on this note, one show a "are you sure for delete all your comments? your comment not back) and two show a alert to moderator and admin to delete this user comments and after moderator click on this bar, go to option 4 in mod cp and user id is write and click to run for delete users comments.

I show this in this image:
Like this image

5.And the end, Show number of comments in forum.
After click on this option, got to page and show number of comments in database. Like Forum Statics in Tools in admin Cp.

What do you think about my idea? is this possible?

Thanks a lot for read. Blush
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6