MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyProfile - comments, last visits, friends, collecting ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2014-09-08, 04:32 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]6. That's more of a "status" kind of thing, not a comment, a user can set his profile comments to be viewed by everyone / people in friendlist or no one, adding a more advanced hierarchy layer will just break the simplicity of the plugin, which could lead to more bugs Big Grin

This is my suggestion? this added? Smile

This plugin is fantastic.
I'm very excited for test this plugin Smile

And are you could create my option in post #7 i very exited for this Big Grin

Thanks a lot for work on this. Heart
I need to get a first release with just what is necessary, and then update it gradually with new features Smile
Looking forward to this (: If you release it over at GH I may drop my unfinished profile comments plugins over there.
(2014-09-10, 07:01 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Looking forward to this (: If you release it over at GH I may drop my unfinished profile comments plugins over there.

Oh I definitely will, just tweaking things up before I put it on GitHub, I'd say I've done about 45% of the work I have to do on this plugin Big Grin

To keep you guys updated, I've added the "status" thing, which means if a user selects "Private" when publishing a comment, only the author and the user who's the comment is intended to (and mods ofc) will be able to see it.

[Image: 512373586.png]

Private/Public status are allowable / disallowable from the Admin CP

A teasing of the Admin CP settings Big Grin

[Image: 436803177.png]
Looks quite nice, do you also plan to introduce an optional buddy list? Something like this plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/profile-buddies
(2014-09-12, 05:24 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks quite nice, do you also plan to introduce an optional buddy list? Something like this plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/profile-buddies

Oh I never thought of that, but it seems cool and not so difficult to code, I may reuse that in the comment section also Smile Nice idea Big Grin Thank you.

Side note, as this is getting bigger, I'm looking for volunteers who'd like to work on that, I'm gonna upload all the minimal stuff I have right now to GitHub, if not, I'll continue on it on my own, and it'll be ready when it's ready Wink
Looking for volunteers for the profile buddies component?
I've got some coded for friend list and some other things like profile visits and many improvements but i wanna add some more things as i say before i am a volunteer for this plugin i think Omar too.

We can work for first release and see how it works besides work on profile comments or other mods, i have some mods but if we can do a better job i think it was great for all community.
What I'm trying to do with my coding is to code Wyatt is essential at ffirst an then ad a it evolves.

You can try to add the basic stuff forest and then enhance with the flow.

I will gladly help with coding if it is free, so I can continue with it on the event you couldn't continue with it at some point.

I can steal some of my code from my profile comments plugin and add it to yours if necessary or whatever (:
Does your plugin loads content on demand using AJAX or does it simply uses jQuery? Is it simolar to MyNetwork where plugims were required to use custom handlers to show data in profiles or mmainly template edits?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6