MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyProfile - comments, last visits, friends, collecting ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi ...
I have a new suggestion for this.
can add this ability for comment, users can choose in user CP "who can view my comments in profile?" and options is: just friends , anyone , nobody and super mod and admin can view if user select nobody or just friends.
and if user not permission to view , show a text: "you can't view this user's comments"

What do you think about this?
And when the plugin is available?
And my previous suggestions can be Done?

Thanks a lot for work on this. Wink
(2014-09-06, 02:14 PM)SAEED.M Wrote: [ -> ]Hi ...
I have a new suggestion for this.
can add this ability for comment, users can choose in user CP "who can view my comments in profile?" and options is: just friends , anyone , nobody and super mod and admin can view if user select nobody or just friends.
and if user not permission to view , show a text: "you can't view this user's comments"

And when the plugin is available?
And my previous suggestions can be Done?

Thanks a lot for work on this. Wink

Hey, then if the user select "Nobody", that would mean that no one would even be able to make a comment?
I'm working as hard as I can on this plugin, but it's still difficult to get it out soon, it needs a lot of work Smile
(2014-09-06, 05:08 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, then if the user select "Nobody", that would mean that no one would even be able to make a comment?
I'm working as hard as I can on this plugin, but it's still difficult to get it out soon, it needs a lot of work Smile

This mean is set a box in userCP and setting (like permission in aqualiz plugin) and this option is:
"who can view my comments in profile?"
and what is it? this is if a user sent a comment for me, anyone can view this in my comments in my profile. but if i set this only for my buddy list , just my buddy list can view and other one error not permission to view my comments in my profile, but can send a comment for me, just can't view my last comments.
and super mod and admin can view because admin or super mod need to check comments.

and if set a box under this option for no one would even be able to make a comment (like aqualiz plugin) is so good. question is: who can send comment? (no body, everybody, only buddy list)

in total, add two ability, 1 is this ability for show or not show comments. 2 is this ability for send comment in profile and both for super mod and admin is opened.

but a question, is this plugin supported AJAX ? (like aqualiz plugin?)
Blame the video recorder software for the lags Big Grin

Early stages :

(2014-09-06, 06:01 PM)SAEED.M Wrote: [ -> ]but a question, is this plugin supported AJAX ? (like aqualiz plugin?)

Fully supports AJAX.

I will look through your suggestions Big Grin
Looks promising, congrats for your work on that plugin.

I think many users wanna use it.
1: Limit the maximum amount of characters/text in comments ( Ex. 200 or 500 characters, set by Admin )
2: Allow / Disallow links in comment ( images are displayed as a link ).
3: Allow / Disallow the video embedding
4: Pagination ( 5, 10, 20 etc - set by Admin )
5: Allow commenter time to edit/delete his/her comment ( 1 minute or 5 minutes etc. set by Admin )
6: EACH individual comment can be set to private ( only the profile owner and the poster can view ), or public (default - viewable to all profile visitors )
@Vanz

Oh i very like suggestion 6 , this is very special , but if add this ability, should be add admin and supermod can view because Maybe this private comment is Violation of terms!!
I feel that private messages are really the way to go for that sort of thing, personally. Private statuses might be a neat feature, but at the same time that's a lot of code involved to set up advanced permissions for status updates. Toungue

@TheGarfield: I like the use of the full MyCode editor for profile comments. Looks nice. Big Grin
(2014-09-08, 08:51 AM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]1: Limit the maximum amount of characters/text in comments ( Ex. 200 or 500 characters, set by Admin )
2: Allow / Disallow links in comment ( images are displayed as a link ).
3: Allow / Disallow the video embedding
4: Pagination ( 5, 10, 20 etc - set by Admin )
5: Allow commenter time to edit/delete his/her comment ( 1 minute or 5 minutes etc. set by Admin )
6: EACH individual comment can be set to private ( only the profile owner and the poster can view ), or public (default - viewable to all profile visitors )

1. Will exist
2. I will think about that
3. Video embedding, smilies, mycode and HTML code are allowable / disallowable from the Admin CP (although HTML is disallowed by default)
4. Already exists
5. I will think about that
6. That's more of a "status" kind of thing, not a comment, a user can set his profile comments to be viewed by everyone / people in friendlist or no one, adding a more advanced hierarchy layer will just break the simplicity of the plugin, which could lead to more bugs Big Grin

(if I send you a "private" comment, and then you ignore me, would I be able to see my comment as I'm the author? Or not because I'm on your ignore list?) Such use cases are arguable, not that much of a use in my opinion.

It should be very simple that your users won't need a whole tutorial to understand how to use it.

KISS : Keep It Simple and Stupid Smile

(2014-09-08, 02:20 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]@TheGarfield: I like the use of the full MyCode editor for profile comments. Looks nice. Big Grin

I know right? Big Grin It looks neat Big Grin
I think you have right now a good idea, other opts sounds like invasion of users privacy and whats the point at that? I think if user set to all can view, then it does not matter, but if i set to non even admins can not see.

Many times on some forums you want to speak with someone else and you can not do this then you have to use pm or sen mail to make a private conversation. But pm can be tracked and now profiles too. Anyway you can see at your db directrly the contents.

But its like i buy a mobile but i want to talk with my parents about a private conversation, but FBI, government and many more can access to this info, foe my its a very invasive methods and concerns to your privacy. If user set to only friends, then only friends can see contents, anyway you can verify on db.

I think the way on mod works its great.

If you wish i can help you to test and on code this plugin because sounds fine and i want to add this on my forum, its better more minds on a project than one, but ever respecting your ideas and the final results.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6