MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BAM Announcements Manager (Updated - Version 2.0)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
With this plugin activated on 1.8.3, registered users are not able to post on threads, but are able to make new threads. They get "There was an error posting your reply: The specified post does not exist." error message when trying to submit a reply.

More in here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-164510.html
(2014-12-21, 08:39 PM)QentiC Wrote: [ -> ]With this plugin activated on 1.8.3, registered users are not able to post on threads, but are able to make new threads. They get "There was an error posting your reply: The specified post does not exist." error message when trying to submit a reply.

That's very odd. This is the first time anyone has reported such an issue, not sure what the cause could be. Does the issue persist if BAM is the only plugin enabled? What settings are you using for BAM? I can see if I could try and replicate the issue.

Edit: also, is the problem only for quick reply, or for all replies?
(2014-12-22, 05:17 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-21, 08:39 PM)QentiC Wrote: [ -> ]With this plugin activated on 1.8.3, registered users are not able to post on threads, but are able to make new threads. They get "There was an error posting your reply: The specified post does not exist." error message when trying to submit a reply.

That's very odd. This is the first time anyone has reported such an issue, not sure what the cause could be. Does the issue persist if BAM is the only plugin enabled? What settings are you using for BAM? I can see if I could try and replicate the issue.

Edit: also, is the problem only for quick reply, or for all replies?
Well well, replying was working with only BAM enabled. I kept on trying and found out that when both, BAM and Thanks System by Dark Neo are activated the problem came back. Settings are default for BAM except Display Announcements Globally is set to all pages. The problem occurred on both, quick and new reply.
You are using postParser::parse_message(); to parse message in announcement bar. This method seems to be checking $options parameter using empty(); funciton. Instead of code on lines 289-296 in /inc/plugins/bam.php there should be something like this:
$parser_options = array(
		'allow_html' => NULL,
		'allow_mycode' => TRUE
		'allow_smilies' => TRUE,
		'allow_imgcode' => NULL,
		'filter_badwords' => TRUE,
		'nl2br' => TRUE
);
Or even this:
$parser_options = array(
		'allow_mycode' => TRUE,
		'allow_smilies' => TRUE,
		'filter_badwords' => TRUE,
		'nl2br' => TRUE
);

It would also be nice to allow user to set these values in configuration. Or at least allow [img] tag. I'll do it anyway but updating wouldn't be such a hassle Smile

PS.: Sorry for my English, I'm not native English speaker.

Edit: nl2br option is not working right for me with 'yes' for some reason. I'm not in mood to dig more into MyBB code but using TRUE seems to be working fine for me.
@madA12345: very interesting observation. I took a look at the parser class, and sure enough, it checks based on whether the input is empty. The comments in the inc/class_parser.php file don't necessarily seem to convey that on first glance, but my implementation was definitely wrong in the code. I'll try to enable the images and disable the bad word filtering as well, as it is unnecessarily restrictive considering announcements are managed only by administrators.

Anyway, that's a bug that warrants a new version. I'm pretty busy at the moment, but I will try to get that fixed as soon as possible, and will do some testing with the thanks plugin to see where the conflict regarding that is as well. It should not be interfering with replies, so I'll play around with it and see if I can get it fixed up by next week once I catch my day off. Regarding an earlier suggestion for mod CP management panels, it would likely be way too complicated to rush into a bug fix release, but I plan on looking into it once I catch some free time to see if it's feasible to implement.

Thanks for the bug reports @madA12345 and QentiC. Anyone have any suggestions or fixes they would like to suggest for the minor update that will be upcoming?
it is interfere with link on post plugin when i put link for announcement.it give message to reply to thread to see link.
is it possible to solve this?
Index Page (Advanced Users)

Identify the page that will be considered the "index page" for non global announcements. By default, this should be set to index.php. Unless you have renamed index.php, you should not need to edit this value.

I am using portal.php as my index.php. My question is how could I add both to the default? 

Great plugin by the way. rep+
(2015-03-04, 08:59 PM)Blastermaster Wrote: [ -> ]Index Page (Advanced Users)

Identify the page that will be considered the "index page" for non global announcements. By default, this should be set to index.php. Unless you have renamed index.php, you should not need to edit this value.

I am using portal.php as my index.php. My question is how could I add both to the default? 

Great plugin by the way. rep+

Not at this time, but that is a very good suggestion. Once I find the time to look at a second version, I will definitely look into adding that functionality. (As much as I hate to say it, my schedule is completely swamped right now. Be praying that I find a break before May. Looking at a very busy schedule with some heavy summer classes right now if everything goes according to my plans. Toungue)

(2015-02-13, 02:58 PM)Dr_The_One Wrote: [ -> ]it is interfere with link on post plugin when i put link for announcement.it give message to reply to thread to see link.
is it possible to solve this?

I'm a little confused. Do you have a link to the plugin it is interfering with? This plugin uses the post parser to parse BBcode in announcements, so any plugins that hook into the post parser may interfere with how the announcements are rendered as well. As far as I know, I don't believe there is another way to parse BBcode in MyBB, so I'm not sure what could be done about that if this is the case. If you can link to the plugin, I'd be happy to look at it and confirm if this is the case once I find some time.
Hello.
I have 2 questions :

- Is it possible to return to the line, as in the picture? I can not find the right BBcode.

[attachment=35410]

- I can not find the option to turn off the date. Solved

Thank you for your answers, and again a big thank you for this mod, which is simple but very useful Big Grin
Up please.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8