MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BAM Announcements Manager (Updated - Version 2.0)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
prima, das hört sich sehr gut an.
Würde beim Testen zur Verfügung stehen.
One more bug need to be fixed. I tried to change display order of announcements using ACP but failed. The order remains the same as the announcements were posted
(2023-01-05, 06:17 PM)Tarekm Wrote: [ -> ]One more bug need to be fixed. I tried to change display order of announcements using ACP but failed. The order remains the same as the announcements were posted

Thank you for the report. I'd like to work with you to help resolve this issue and determine what is causing it. 

Are you using any announcements in random mode by chance, and do you have any announcements that are stickied? Currently stickied announcements always display by their display orders first, and then all unstickied announcements display after (even if they are technically ordered first by the display order numbering). I looked into changing this behavior, but I decided to replicate the functionality of stickied threads in the forums, which always display before unstickied threads.

There might be something else going on also, do you have a screenshot of the ACP bam announcements management page with the announcements list? I can take a look.
Thanks for your reply

Announcements are all in standard mode
There was one sticky announcement and 3 other unsticky announcements
Change of unsticky announcements order was done successfully in ACP but it doesn't change on index page
The arrangement in index page is that of date of announcements posted
I changed all announcements to unsticky, the same result
(2023-01-06, 09:45 AM)Tarekm Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your reply

Announcements are all in standard mode
There was one sticky announcement and 3 other unsticky announcements
Change of unsticky announcements order was done successfully in ACP but it doesn't change on index page
The arrangement in index page is that of date of announcements posted
I changed all announcements to unsticky, the same result

Ah, that does indeed sound like a bug. Can you send me a screenshot of your announcements management page and a screenshot of the index of your forum (or a forum URL if it's on the public internet)?
Thanks for your reply, Screenshots sent by PM
bei mir lassen sich die unsticky Ankündigungen im FE nicht durch den User deaktivieren.
Please check the BAM Announcements Manager plugin settings in ACP » Home » Board Settings

Bitte überprüfe die BAM Announcements Manager Plugin Einstellungen im AdminCP

[attachment=45698]
Hello! Great plugin. We're however having an issue on our forum: When an announcement is dismissed it appears only a session cookie is set, so whenever closing the browser and opening it again the announcement reappears. We have set "Dismissed Anouncements Expiration to 30 days. We are also using a custom theme.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Regards

Fred
(2023-01-21, 10:55 PM)Darojax Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! Great plugin. We're however having an issue on our forum: When an announcement is dismissed it appears only a session cookie is set, so whenever closing the browser and opening it again the announcement reappears. We have set "Dismissed Anouncements Expiration to 30 days. We are also using a custom theme.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Regards

Fred

Are you using a private browser? These would clear cookies on each refresh, and would thus clear the announcements back out. Do you have any other cookie related issues on the forum (such as not remembering logins between visits, etc)? 

The reason that announcement dismissals aren't tracked in the DB (on the server side) is primarily because of the amount of overhead that would be required to keep track of it on large forums. In smaller forums it's not really an issue, but for forums that have hundreds of thousands of users, it would slow load times to try to do large queries like this on every single page visit (and as such, the plugin just relies on cookies instead.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8