MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BAM Announcements Manager (Updated - Version 2.0)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Does anyone know how to use the  Style/Class: custom (define below) settings ??
I'm having a hard time getting this to work....
Yes, there is information here:-
https://github.com/Darth-Apple/BAM
Hi, how i can change color to own ?
(2018-06-07, 12:53 PM)PT82 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, how i can change color to own ?

Quote:Adding Custom Styles:

- By default, BAM comes with four color styles. You can add additional styles easily by defining the background color and border color in a new class. Other properties of the announcement layout (padding, etc.) are defined by a global class used by all announcements. You can place your custom style classes in the Custom CSS field in your plugin settings. Once you have saved your custom CSS classes, simply define the "custom class" field when creating announcements to use your new custom color style!

Example:

.bam_announcement.aqua {
      border: 1px solid #0399C9;
      background-color: #BFFAFF;
   }

You will now be able to use "aqua" in the custom class field.
Source: https://github.com/Darth-Apple/BAM

Add your color style to desired CSS rule, like:
 .bam_announcement.aqua {
       border: 1px solid #0399C9;
       background-color: #BFFAFF;
       color: #000;
    }
This not work for me.
The default plugin styles you can edit in global template "bam_announcement_container"
Hey, nice plug in. It would be nice if we could choose 2 announcements and they switch every x seconds Smile .
Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that I am updating this! A beta release will be posted on github in the next few weeks, and the official release will be trailing shortly behind. Please allow some time for me to get some final issues ironed out. There's a lot of code that was refactored, so there is quite a bit of testing that still needs to be done. Smile

Features that are added:
  • Dissmissable announcements (finally!)
  • Advanced mode.
  • Ability to define a link for a specific page to display the announcement on. This is an advanced mode feature that will give quite a bit of granularity on where announcements get posted (and this setting is very specific. You can go as detailed as displaying an announcement only on one single specific page, or on a specific forum/board, etc.) It is going to need significant testing before it's release-ready. If anyone wants to help me with this, please shoot me a message.
  • Edit: Announcements can now be displayed on specific boards/forums
  • Global announcements are now set on a per-announcement basis.
  • Random mode has been redesigned and improved.
  • The "index page" setting now takes multiple values. Announcements can now be set to display on both the portal.php and index.php pages, or wherever is needed.
  • There are a few other extras as well, but I'll leave some mystery to the final release. Smile

Much of the work I've done on updating this was based heavily on feedback I have received in this thread, on github, and via private message. I've done everything that I can to implement as many of your suggestions as possible, and I want to thank everyone for taking time to provide feedback over the years. It has been very valuable towards the development of the new version of this plugin.

Development is almost finished on the beta, so there will be a new version on github within the next couple of weeks. With that said, there is a window of development here where I still have time to try my hand at any additional features anyone wants to have in the plugin. I cannot implement everything, as I would *much* rather have a stable plugin than a plugin with too many features. However, if it's something reasonable, it will be considered!

Regards,
-Darth Apple
I've released the beta version on github! If anyone would like to help test, it would be a huge help. I've added many of the features that people have requested, so this version of BAM is significantly more powerful than the initial version. https://github.com/Darth-Apple/BAM/tree/BAM-2-Beta

I have not made an update script from the original BAM announcements manager yet. As such, you'll need to reinstall the plugin before you can use BAM 2.0 in beta.

Can I use it on a live board? It's not quite ready yet, but if you'd like to help test, you are welcome to it! We are using it over on my forum, and won't break anything, per se. But if you can hold out a few more weeks, the stable release will be out shortly! Smile

Regards,
-Darth Apple
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8