MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB Ideas Site Launches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Please discuss MyBB Ideas Site Launches here.
Is the navigation bar broken? I thought it was meant to look like the original site one...

Good idea to have an "idea" site though Toungue
DrPoodle Wrote:Is the navigation bar broken? I thought it was meant to look like the original site one...

No, it isn't broken... It's from the new site... Big Grin
It's based on the new site, Adi. Toungue Anyway, it's really cool. I'm going to submit... Wink

Edit, damn, belloman answered a sec before me. Toungue
Justin S. Wrote:
DrPoodle Wrote:Is the navigation bar broken? I thought it was meant to look like the original site one...

Ok, it just looks a bit weird to have an underline under the "Ideas" link, and then a separate underline to appear when I hover over that link. Looks a bit messy...
DrPoodle Wrote:
Justin S. Wrote:

Ok, it just looks a bit weird to have an underline under the "Ideas" link, and then a separate underline to appear when I hover over that link. Looks a bit messy...
Look at it now... Wink
Justin S. Wrote:
DrPoodle Wrote:
Justin S. Wrote:

Look at it now... Wink
Much better! I've done that in site designs before (by accident) and always hated it.

I just also realise that the Ideas Site has got "blog-like" urls...or "SEO-friendly" as the technical name for them goes...very snazzy. I assume .htaccess?
It runs on the application development framework I've developed and use on client sites (including the new MyBB site)

It's a little more than htaccess, the whole URL is fed to the application which splits it up in to a module and an action to run - idea and submit being examples of the modules, and action generally being the second part of the URL (in this case the idea title, but usually something like edit or delete). The friendly titles for the ideas are generated when they're submitted and stored in the database.
Chris Boulton Wrote:It runs on the application development framework I've developed and use on client sites (including the new MyBB site)

It's a little more than htaccess, the whole URL is fed to the application which splits it up in to a module and an action to run - idea and submit being examples of the modules, and action generally being the second part of the URL (in this case the idea title, but usually something like edit or delete). The friendly titles for the ideas are generated when they're submitted and stored in the database.
Sounds good. I wouldn't know where to start to make an application like that, so htaccess is fine for me at the moment Toungue
It we be nice if we could negative vote an "idea" as well. I personally think some ideas are just poor and want to negative vote for them. I think that would be more fair imho.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5