MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.8] Respond, a responsive mobile-ready Bootstrap theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Respond the last MyBB theme you'll ever need!

Respond is a responsive, mobile-ready Bootstrap premium theme for MyBB 1.8. Respond is compatible with any Bootstrap theme, so it's easy to switch between themes.

Features
  • Made with jQuery 2.1.4 and Bootstrap 3.3.4, featuring Font Awesome 4.3.0 icons
  • Utilizes bandwidth-saving CDNs
  • HTML5
  • Multilingual support
  • Compatible with Bootstrap themes
  • Tableless layout (with few exceptions)
  • Responsive and mobile-ready
    • Fully functional MyBB for any screen size
    • Off-canvas nav
    • Non-essential elements collapse to increase ease-of-use
  • Special features:
    • Forum subtree in navbar that does not require a plugin/core-file modifications
    • Sticky thread titles and quick reply
    • Popup postbit author information
    • Previous/next page swipe gestures
    • Tabbed User CP and Mod CP
    • Lazy loading for avatars and post images
  • Google PageSpeed Insights: 90+/100 mobile user experience rating

Preview

Small screens (view more)
[Image: SKPnTFh.gif]

[Image: zaKmvPLb.png] [Image: 6nrjh0gb.png] [Image: dLCrBMFb.png] [Image: 2lFaJo5b.png] [Image: G2M0Llyb.png]

Large screens (view more)
[Image: eCKO7azb.png] [Image: FPoN0xbb.png] [Image: QT0fnnXb.png] [Image: hAZ42zWb.png] [Image: jzYMpcnb.png]

Live Preview

Quickly and easily preview Respond and how it looks at different screen widths and also with different Bootstrap themes.

[Image: SyHvFNM.gif]

Price: $30 USD

[Image: btn_buynowCC_LG.gif]

To view the Respond EULA, inquire about copyright removal, or for any other inquires, please PM. Also note that I am only able respond to purchases, inquires, support or any other emails/PM after 6 PM Eastern Time.

Bootstrap themes

To use your own Bootstrap theme, just link to the theme's CSS at the end of the Ungrouped Templates > headerinclude template. For example, if your Bootstrap theme CSS is located at http://bootswatch.com/flatly/bootstrap.min.css, add the following to the end of your headerinclude template:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://bootswatch.com/flatly/bootstrap.min.css">

Preview of some Bootstrap themes you can use with Respond
[Image: 8TFjMkLb.png] [Image: aiYMcElb.png] [Image: Cu44LCIb.png] [Image: vbWECEGb.png] [Image: oqyXBnOb.png] [Image: l0iS0hob.png]

See Bootswatch for some free Bootstrap themes, or create your own themes easily with Bootstrap Magic. The Live Preview also allows you to quickly preview Bootswatch themes or you can specify a URL to your own Bootstrap theme CSS file to preview.

Unthemed sections

I tried my best to manually and painstakingly convert almost every template to Bootstrap compatible semantics, so if you find any unthemed elements/sections, please let me know and I will update them.

Changelog
1.8.3 2016/04/17
  • fix for off-canvas nav for iOS/Safari
  • various template fixes (footer)
1.8.2 2016/02/02
  • various template fixes (member_register)
1.8.1 2016/01/22
  • off-canvas nav updated
1.8.0 2015/12/18
  • themed portal, getip, getpmip and similarthread
  • added postbit_classic that collapses on smaller screens
1.7.0 2015/11/21
  • themed popup prompts
  • lazy loading for avatars and post images
  • various template fixes (attachment)
1.6.0 2015/09/20
  • update for MyBB 1.8.6
  • add off-canvas nav for smaller screens
  • smaller forum icons for smaller screens
  • hide footer
  • add support for MyTwitter Connect, MyFacebook Connect and MyGoogle+ Connect
  • optimize JS
  • various template fixes
1.2.0 2015/09/11
  • hide quick reply affix when editing posts
  • various template fixes (header, usercp_nav, private_empty, forumbit_depth2_cat, calendar_addevent, _editevent, regimage)
  • various language fixes
1.1.0 2015/07/22
  • add MyAlerts support
  • rework postbit
  • rework Thank You/Like buttons
  • various template fixes
1.0.3 2015/07/04
  • ModCP now optimized for smaller screens
  • various template fixes (postbit, rep, private, usercp, modcp, member)
1.0.2 2015/07/03
  • various template fixes (header, announcements, postbit, posticons)
  • various language fixes (showthread, quicksearch, inlinemod, moderationoptions)
  • utilize CDNs for autosize.js and hammer.js and wrap calls in try/catch statements
1.0.1 2015/07/02
  • debugging, registration, language selector, alerts improved/themed
  • postbit and postbit_classic are now identical, and classic view option removed from User CP
  • forum subtree no longer lists inactive forums
  • Thank You/Like System by G33K support improved and now shows the number of thank yous/likes in postbit
  • various template fixes
  • various language fixes
1.0.0 2015/06/30
  • first public release

Compatible plugins
  • MyAlerts
  • Thank You/Like System by G33K
  • MyTwitter Connect
  • MyFacebook Connect
  • MyGoogle+ Connect
Since this theme uses almost exclusively Bootstrap semantics, most plugins will be incompatible with Respond.

Support / Services

Respond is licensed as a one-time purchase only and after purchase, you will be sent any and all future updates and bug fixes. Limited support is available with purchase. Reply to inquire about my availability to make other plugins compatible with Respond. PM to inquire about additional services, such as one-off customizations, special requests, etc.

Suggestions / Comments / Bugs

Post them if you got them.
Nice Theme how much cost of this theme .?
Thanks for your interest. I haven't determined the exact price yet, but stay tuned for more information.

Member list completed

Added previous/next page swipe gestures to show thread

Added small screen preview
Finally finished the user CP ... next is registration, then mod CP, and then release.
looks very nice Smile

My last two forums I made I had the users yelling until I put the last post info back on the forumdisplay threadlist. That makes it a bit harder Smile

No classic postbit?
(2015-06-24, 11:51 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]looks very nice Smile  

My last two forums I made I had the users yelling until I put the last post info back on the forumdisplay threadlist. That makes it a bit harder Smile

No classic postbit?

Thanks!

One of my goals with this theme is to have it fully functional no matter the screen size ... so things may collapse away on small screens, but they're still available. For instances, I decided to hide the number of views/replies in the forumdisplay_threadlist:
[Image: w7tchgPm.png]

I do think the last post info is more important and thus visible on all screen sizes. Wink

I really want to have an IM-like feel so currently, I have decided to have postbit and postbit_classic the same because what I have made is closer to postbit_classic (with the poster info on the side) rather than postbit (with the poster info ontop). Having the poster info on top doesn't really work for small screens and ruins the IM-like feel in my opinion.

Any other thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I also do all the collapses etc and also keep the last post. I agree that the horizontal postbit from MyBB is pretty ugly, so I made the classic postbit respond as I like the classic postbit on showthread, especially on a larger screen.

You can see my latest theme (WIP) on www.damnfineshave.com

What I have been trying is to keep down the page size (in bytes) because of all the mobile users who are basically loading a full site when working with responsive sites (especially with all the MyBB js in the head).

EDIT: jQuery2? is all the mybb js ok with that? I would like to use that for my slider
(2015-06-25, 12:54 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I also do all the collapses etc and also keep the last post. I agree that the horizontal postbit from MyBB is pretty ugly, so I made the classic postbit respond as I like the classic postbit on showthread, especially on a larger screen.

You can see my latest theme (WIP)  on www.damnfineshave.com

What I have been trying is to keep down the page size (in bytes) because of all the mobile users who are basically loading a full site when working with responsive sites (especially with all the MyBB js in the head).

EDIT: jQuery2? is all the mybb js ok with that? I would like to use that for my slider

I like the slide out menu, top/bottom page quick jumps and avatars on the last post info. I want a slide out menu too, but Bootstrap doesn't have one in its framework, and I want it to be compatible with any Bootstrap theme, so it's something I have to look into. I think I will add a top/bottom page quick jump to my theme too, but I'd make it jump to the first/last post instead. I'd also add some kind of slide out prev/next pagination to it too. Avatars on last post info may be too much for small screens, IMO.

I don't know, on mobiles, I don't think page size is too much of an issue these days. I think if users are having problems with pages being too large, they should decrease their threads/posts per page.

So far for jQuery 2, I've only had to modify the expandCollapse function. Everything else seems to be working as expected.
Yea, I completely agree on the avatars, I was thinking of only showing on the 480 up Smile

Re the sidebar and other none bootstrap stuffs; I really only use bootstrap for the grid, the buttons, some nice responsive classes (I like the form-horizontal as a replacement for all those two column tables all over mybb) and the js for the modal/dropdowns/collapses.
Its not a LOT of work to flip it over to a bootswatch theme; I am using the glyphicons though and loading from the cdn and I dont want to host the font, but most people want Font Awesome anyway.

Re page size: here in Europe a lot of people are on a mobile plan with x amount of data download per month. It can really rack up quite fast.
Yes, there are definitely many places in the world were bandwidth is still a major issue.

I think if you move the .js into a .php, but mime it so it loads as a .js, enable caching, and disable images, the page size should be insignificant.

Actually, I just checked it out for my theme: forumdisplay is 190 kB, threadlist is 230 kB and showthread is 390 kB. With caching enabled, they fall to 30 kB, 40 kB and 60 kB, respectively. I'm sure most themes will be similar (especially the cached sizes) so it's not so bad. If you're still concerned, you can disable/lazy load avatars and any images within posts.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9