MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Send PM/Email for awaiting approval
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Version 1.8.5

Does anyone know how I could send a PM or Email to a group moderator when a post is awaiting approval. ?

I know they get awaiting approvals show up in red, and I have created a notification bar whilst logged in. But I would like them to get a notification when not logged-in, so a PM or Email would do the trick but I can't work out a way to do it.

Thank You.
This requires a plugin. When you are not in a hurry, I can give it a try.
(2015-07-12, 12:09 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]This requires a plugin. When you are not in a hurry, I can give it a try.

That would be kind of you, a plugin is not something I could do.

So yes please, when you get time.

Thank you.
Do you have one or more moderators (not super moderators) that moderate certain forums? And are that the ones that must receive an e-mail?
(2015-07-12, 03:02 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have one or more moderators (not super moderators) that moderate certain forums? And are that the ones that must receive an e-mail?

Yes I have three in group 11 they are called Forum Helpers, they don't have full moderator privileges they can only approve a members first post and warn people.

I'm the only Moderator and I'm in group 3, so the PM/Email would need to go to group 3 and 11
So group 3 and 11 members all get an email for all posts that are posted in forums that require moderation?

Is your forum and admin language English?
(2015-07-12, 04:03 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]So group 3 and 11 members all get an email for all posts that are posted in forums that require moderation?

Is your forum and admin language English?

Yes that's what I need, and yes my forum and admin  is in English Language.

Isn't it your time for Dinner? It's nearly mine.  Big Grin

EDIT: Just a thought if it helps a PM notice would be fine if it's any easier as they all get Emails for PM's
I'm testing and it looks almost OK.
I wonder how you decide which posts need moderation. Is that on the membership of certain groups for which you define that their posts must be moderated?
(2015-07-13, 10:33 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]I'm testing and it looks almost OK.
I wonder how you decide which posts need moderation. Is that on the membership of certain groups for which you define that their posts must be moderated?

I'm using this plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/required-approvals

I have it set to approve the first post, once approved they are free to carry on. My Forum Helpers have permission to approve if they think it's ok, if they are not happy they will just leave it for me to deal with.
OK, I understand. I don't think is matters for the plugin, because I simply look at the visibility of a post. I will have a look how the plugin handles this.

The 1st version of the plugin is attached. Unzip the file and copy the contents (2 files, 1 to inc/plugin and 1 to inc/languages/english) to your forum.
I did some tests and it seems to work, but you never know Sad .

Try this out, and when it works satisfactory, it could also be integrated in the plugin you mentioned before. Then it can also be arranged that the group for the additional mods is defined in AdminCP.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7