MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Send PM/Email for awaiting approval
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Both issues are closely related, and these should be integrated with your "required approvals" plugin. I will have a look, and see whether this is within my capabilities.
(2015-07-17, 01:50 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]Both issues are closely related, and these should be integrated with your "required approvals" plugin. I will have a look, and see whether this is within my capabilities.

That would be great thank you.

I'm away now for a few days, should be back on Tuesday.

Have a good weekend Ad.  Cool
OK, I give it a try. Until Monday/Tuesday I expect no decisions on a new forum.

(2015-07-17, 01:59 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]Have a good weekend Ad.  Cool

Thanks. For me/us it's always weekend, isn't it? Big Grin
The plugin is almost ready. I must still perform some final tests. The settings in the AdminCP now look like:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=34710]

The part "Additional Moderator Groups" (your usergroup 11) could be skipped and replaced by a query for usergroups that have permissions to moderate new posts and new threads.
I will do that if you don't mind. It has now become a general purpose plugin which I will publich in the Mods section.
Brilliant Ad, it's looking very good.

I think this is going to be a very popular plug-in.

Thank you very much.
First version of 2nd generation plugin is ready and attached (because of below, attachment removed).
I have tested thoroughly, but you know how this works. Try it and give your comments!

I think I already have discovered something. Most of the testing was with e-mails, but in an earlier phase I also tested PM's. But now, I think I have found out that PM's do not come through. I have to check this more extensively.

Testing is rather complicated because you must login as different persons, and produce several scenarios.

OK, wait with testing. I will try to make some systematic tests tomorrow. Now I am no longer clear enough for that.
OK I'll wait for now, I've sent you a PM.
So, I found the error in the PM's. It was quite annoying, you know you are dealing with digital stuff which is binary and only knows 1 or 0, and no perhaps or maybe. Now I had something that sometimes went well and somtimes went wrong. The cause appeared to be the length of the subject of a PM. In the database this is fixed to 120 characters, but MyBB has a hard-coded maximum of 85 characters.

The PM's that I generated had sometimes a length within the limit of 85 characters and sometimes they were longer. And in the way I used it the PM's were then simply not sent without an error message. I had copied this code from other parts of the MyBB software.

I have now changed this, such that the subjects will always be shorter than 85 characters.

The new version is attached. Try it, and post any problems.
(2015-07-26, 03:30 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]So, I found the error in the PM's. It was quite annoying, you know you are dealing with digital stuff which is binary and only knows 1 or 0, and no perhaps or maybe. Now I had something that sometimes went well and somtimes went wrong. The cause appeared to be the length of the subject of a PM. In the database this is fixed to 120 characters, but MyBB has a hard-coded maximum of 85 characters.

The PM's that I generated had sometimes a length within the limit of 85 characters and sometimes they were longer. And in the way I used it the PM's were then simply not sent without an error message. I had copied this code from other parts of the MyBB software.

I have now changed this, such that the subjects will always be shorter than 85 characters.

The new version is attached. Try it, and post any problems.

Hello Ad, yes it seems to be working ok on my test forum. I had deactivated the other one and the Required Approval plugin before installing it, but forgot to reactivate Required Approval before testing.  Big Grin

I will have a play with it for a bit longer before trying it on my public forum probably tomorrow now, but so far no problems.  

Very much appreciate all the effort you have put into this, it's almost dinner time now. So I will wish you a good evening and will post more after trying it tomorrow.

Thank you.
(2015-07-26, 04:02 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]it, but forgot to reactivate Required Approval before testing.  Big Grin

Do I misunderstand you? But this plugin replaces the Required Approval plugin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7