MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Send PM/Email for awaiting approval
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2015-07-13, 09:02 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]Stupid mistake, it is always wrong to do these kind of things in a hurry. Replace line 58 with:

global $db, $mybb, $visible, $lang, $debug_file, $cache, $forum, $new_thread, $tid;

This works, I've tested it.

Yep that got it.  Smile

I changed line 60 though, I think with all the edits my numbers may be different.

You mentioned an updated version because it also needs some optimization, will you make a new download.

Great job Ad, I'll catch up with you sometime tomorrow.
(2015-07-13, 09:22 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]You mentioned an updated version because it also needs some optimization, will you make a new download.

OK, I will come back to that tomorrow. I'm ging to sleep now, being a little bit tired of discussing European politics all evening (or the lack of it, choose yourself Huh ).
I have made a more "clean" version. I could post that, another option is to integrate your plugin "Required Approvals" in it. Your choice!!
(2015-07-15, 05:05 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]I have made a more "clean" version. I could post that, another option is to integrate your plugin "Required Approvals" in it. Your choice!!

Hello Ad sorry for delay been out all day.

I'm not sure which is best to be honest, I would say go for keeping it separate as it could be used by others that don't use the "Required Approvals" plugin.

But that comes down to if you want to make it a plugin for all to use, so as you are the author of the plugin I will pass the ball back to you and say it should be your choice as you have done all the hard work.

I will be happy with your decision.  Smile
(2015-07-15, 06:29 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]I will be happy with your decision.  Smile

OK, I have just made a somewhat "streamlined" version (attached), and also removed the limitation thet usergroup 11 must be the primary usergroup of members, it can also be in additional usergroups.

I will do nothing further, this is a tailor made plugin, not really of interest to others.

As with all software updates, test it!! Big Grin

EDIT
Forgot to attach the zip, now it is.
Thank you Ad I have tested it and it works fine, though there is just one small problem.

The Post email link doest take me to the the post it takes me to the thread. It's no big deal as you can scroll down to find the pink ones awaiting approval, but I thought I would mention it.

Link in Email was:
"http://****.com/thread-191-post-535.html"

The actual post link however is:
"http://****.com/thread-191-post-535.html#pid535"

The new thread link works fine and takes me to the thread.
(2015-07-17, 10:03 AM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]The Post email link doest take me to the the post it takes me to the thread.

OK, I switched back to the standard thread link function provided by MyBB. Just change line 33 to:

$post_link = $mybb->settings['bburl']."/".get_post_link($pid, $thread['tid'])."#pid".$pid;
Great stuff Ad you got it.  Smile

Thank you very much for your time and patience, I appreciate it.
(2015-07-17, 10:55 AM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for your time and patience, I appreciate it.

You're welcome. I like these kind of things and the advantage of being retired is that you can do what you like. Further, I am still waiting for the decision of a new forum to make (also a volunteer job).
(2015-07-17, 10:59 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-17, 10:55 AM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for your time and patience, I appreciate it.

You're welcome. I like these kind of things and the advantage of being retired is that you can do what you like. Further, I am still waiting for the decision of a new forum to make (also a volunteer job).

Yep I'm retired too, I've played about with some coding but it tends to go over my head.

If you want another project:

#1 I would like an email to go out to a newbie once their post has been approved, I can do it manually but if it could be done on approval that would be good.  

#2 When a post is approved those that subscribe to new posts don't get a notification, it would be good if something could e done to make it send the emails once approved.  

But I will understand if it's not something you want to take on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7