MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: The MyBB Group & Microsoft Corporation Partnership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Oh, haha. It sounded serious good job.
Do we have to pay for future releases of still PHP versions?
You don't have to pay for anything. This was an April Fools joke.

MyBB remains free. Smile
Almost gave me a heart attack.

Thank goodness this was an April Fool's joke.
Musicalmidget Wrote:You don't have to pay for anything. This was an April Fools joke.

MyBB remains free. Smile

Wow startled me. Smile

But they DID get in contact with Microsoft, or the WHOLE story was fake... or just the paying part! :o
The whole story was a joke.
Yea, I was kinda wondering what the partnership with Microsoft would have provided. haha
That took me for such a ride... I read from the bottom up, so at first I was like "wow, that new ACP is SO COOL!" and then I read the top part of the story and was like "oh no! Man, now I gotta go back to phpBB... crap."

Hook, line and sinker, I fell for it. That's the first time in about 20 years that I've fallen for an A/F joke. Nice job! Big Grin
All joking aside, I think it would be good if MyBB supported other databases, like Oracle and MSSQL. It would be good if they had a ASP.Net version as well. I have heard some people asking for an ASP.Net forum software, and the only ones available are crap. MyBB would pwn all others in that field. Wink
Cool_Guy Wrote:All joking aside, I think it would be good if MyBB supported other databases, like Oracle and MSSQL.
It won't be long until you see support for other databases. We've "kind of" had an abstraction layer for database access but we just hadn't included other database types yet.
Cool_Guy Wrote:It would be good if they had a ASP.Net version as well. I have heard some people asking for an ASP.Net forum software, and the only ones available are crap. MyBB would pwn all others in that field. Wink
And I think it would be better to concentrate on one product, instead of two products. Better to have one great product than two so-so products.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10