MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TinyMCE for the editor ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
hmmmm,

SCEditor in mobile, you need to remove all the buttons and it works, no way you do fancy stuff on mobile....its as idiot proof as facebook
(2016-01-21, 11:50 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-21, 11:42 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]The whole point of switching editors would be to find one that is less buggy than SCEditor and that is maintained consistently and reliably.

Redactor has an HTML source plugin. I'm sure it could be modified for markdown/bbcode if really needed. But if it generates GOOD source from the start, I don't see the problem with using it fully. It also functions well on mobile too, without much lag at all.

if xenforo not has bbcode mode, so is why not something to easy to made.
i will continue preferring simple, lightest, bug free bbocde editor like used in 1.6 that paid editor like redactor.

XenForo does have an at least partial BBCode mode. I've used it. Not using any kind of editor seems completely nonsensical to me. If you want to completely disable it, feel free to do so. That doesn't mean we shouldn't have a decent WYSIWYG in the core though because you personally don't like it.
(2016-01-21, 10:50 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]Reason why i not like other editor (ck, tiny , Redactor) :

None of work in source mode (bbcode mode) (button is inactive in source mode, or not has source mode)...
Xenforo not has source mode in old version (tiny) in new version too (redactor).
in CK buttons is inactive in source mode (bbcode mode).

Actually the buttons in BBCode mode in CKEditor can be easily re-actived..
(2016-01-22, 07:05 PM)Phrenetiick Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-21, 10:50 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]Reason why i not like other editor (ck, tiny , Redactor) :

None of work in source mode (bbcode mode) (button is inactive in source mode, or not has source mode)...
Xenforo not has source mode in old version (tiny) in new version too (redactor).
in CK buttons is inactive in source mode (bbcode mode).

Actually the buttons in BBCode mode in CKEditor can be easily re-actived..

You have a "source version" editor in pretty much all recent WYSIWYG, and there working fully, but they are not displaying "bbcode" yup, only plain HTML :|
As far as I know you can easily extend CKEditor (most probably others too) to use a different syntax than html.

Nearly all discussion here seems to be round the look and feel of the different editors, but I think most important is stability on all common mobile and desktop browsers, an active development and easy adaptability ...
(2016-01-22, 09:21 PM)Nik101010 Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know you can easily extend CKEditor (most probably others too) to use a different syntax than html.

Nearly all discussion here seems to be round the look and feel of the different editors, but I think most important is stability on all common mobile and desktop browsers, an active development and easy adaptability ...
I put some "newcomers" on the poll on the first page, but TInyMCE, for example, is used in Wordpress for far I know, if the CMS who provide 25% of the website of the internet is using it... x)
(2016-01-22, 09:21 PM)Nik101010 Wrote: [ -> ][...] but I think most important is stability on all common mobile and desktop browsers, an active development and easy adaptability ...

Exactly. And that is what we're concentrating on and as even martec agreed on, SCEditor doesn't have an active development.
(2016-01-23, 11:13 AM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-22, 09:21 PM)Nik101010 Wrote: [ -> ][...] but I think most important is stability on all common mobile and desktop browsers, an active development and easy adaptability ...

Exactly. And that is what we're concentrating on and as even martec agreed on, SCEditor doesn't have an active development.

if tiny and ck has or not active development not chnge anything...
both is very bugged...
editor of ipb (ck) is very bugged, old xenforo editor is very very bugged (tiny).
redactor has less bugg, but not bug free too, and paid. and not has bbcode mode.
bbcode mode plugin for ck is joke for me http://ckeditor.com/addon/bbcode

appear that several people not matter with source mode (bbcode mode), i not understand this, in my forum 80 % or more people use bbcode mode as default.

for me not matter what editor will use since has decent bbcode mode how sceditor, with all buttons working in bbcode mode, and setting to use bbcode mode in default to not need use bugged mode.
Both editors are much more actively developed and supported. I'm not a fan of the default distributions of TinyMCE, but I really don't mind ckeditor. It's still a LOT better than SCEditor IMO. We can always have options to put it in source mode by default since that's obviously something at least a small (vocal) minority want.
for me ckeditor and sceditor has same amount of bugs...
people think ck not has several bugs, because not frequent use, if frequent visit forum that using like ipb will realize.
i not know what developer making with ck, why has several years of development, but bugs still.

anyway if all buttons will work too in bbcode mode, for me not matter more this question.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6