MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TinyMCE for the editor ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2016-01-27, 01:37 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I'll record a video of me attempting to type using SCEditor on an iPad Mini from 2014 then. The lag between typing letters and them being rendered is horrendous.

ipad not has FF to you made test?
i hate apple, so i not know why in apple products sceditor not work fine.
(2016-01-27, 01:42 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-27, 01:37 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I'll record a video of me attempting to type using SCEditor on an iPad Mini from 2014 then. The lag between typing letters and them being rendered is horrendous.

ipad not has FF to you made test?
i hate apple, so i not know why in apple products sceditor not work fine.

All browsers on iOS use webkit as they do not allow the running of custom rendering engines. You can't really ignore the iOS platform as a whole as it makes up a very large userbase. if the experience sucks for them, you're just driving them away. Saying that, most editors I've tried on iOS have been pretty terrible.

As a side note, my iPad is fairly old (2-3 years) so isn't the current generation - my phone is actually more powerful. However, there are still probably a lot of suers using similar hardware.
(2016-01-27, 01:47 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]All browsers on iOS use webkit as they do not allow the running of custom rendering engines. You can't really ignore the iOS platform as a whole as it makes up a very large userbase. if the experience sucks for them, you're just driving them away. Saying that, most editors I've tried on iOS have been pretty terrible.

As a side note, my iPad is fairly old (2-3 years) so isn't the current generation - my phone is actually more powerful. However, there are still probably a lot of suers using similar hardware.

one reason more to increase my hate against apple...
and i not like webkit too... it's reason why i use FF in tablet, PC, smartphone etc...
anyway thanks to explain... why for me work fine and all people saying that not work, now make more sense.
The guys at Discourse actually did a decent comparison of JavaScript performance across mobile devices (iOS vs Android) last year which is fairly interesting: https://meta.discourse.org/t/the-state-o...poor/33889

It does only cover stock browsers (so Chrome vs Safari), but it shows pretty clearly why we've decided not to go for an overly JavaScript heavy approach to 2.0 (at least for the initial release - if support improves, we might use some more JS rendering in future major point releases).
i see several issue with CK plugin when go to source mode and return to wysiwyg mode. i not know if possible fix all this type of issue but i will try... other problem is time to load... this is need reduce.
(2016-01-27, 02:24 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]other problem is time to load... this is need reduce.

It can always be loaded on demand like in IPB.
(2016-01-27, 02:24 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]i see several issue with CK plugin when go to source mode and return to wysiwyg mode. i not know if possible fix all this type of issue but i will try...  other problem is time to load... this is need reduce.

They are minor bugs, I don't think it is gonna be any hard for the MyBB team to get them fixed. The only 'real' problem is its loading time, but as Destroy666 said, it can always be loaded on demand like in IPB
safari has been crashin in iphone

So whats been decided? it probably need to work in bbcode mode
Nothing has yet been decided. We need to find the time to test all of the best known editors and benchmark and compare them to see which performs the best, has the best features and which causes the least compatibility issues. Choosing something like the editor doesn't just happen overnight.
@Euan T

i can't really see any difference in perfomance of sceditor and ckeditor in smartphone (i'm using Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 here)

You can made test if has difference with iOS in my test site (Rin Editor (Powered by CKEditor)) https://martyan.xyz/qhide/ (user: test , pass: test123 )?
thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6