MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TinyMCE for the editor ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2016-02-27, 07:48 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]@Euan T

i can't really see any difference in perfomance of sceditor and ckeditor in smartphone (i'm using Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 here)

You can made test if has difference with iOS in my test site (Rin Editor (Powered by CKEditor)) https://martyan.xyz/qhide/ (user: test , pass: test123 )?
thanks.

Thanks martec, I will try and get a chance to look tonight Smile
Well I'm gonna tell this from the ignorance itself... ¿Why don't you create your own's editor? The "MyBB Editor".
(2016-04-04, 11:04 AM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]Well I'm gonna tell this from the ignorance itself... ¿Why don't you create your own's editor? The "MyBB Editor".

so why you not try made one?
(2016-04-04, 12:32 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-04, 11:04 AM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]Well I'm gonna tell this from the ignorance itself... ¿Why don't you create your own's editor? The "MyBB Editor".

Yeah, creating an editor is no easy task - especially one that supports multiple browsers, runs fast across devices and has all the features that we need/want.
(2016-04-04, 01:03 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-04, 12:32 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, creating an editor is no easy task - especially one that supports multiple browsers, runs fast across devices and has all the features that we need/want.

¿As hard as creating the best free forum software out there called MyBB?

No but really, if you guys don't find the perfect editor, then maybe the best choice will be create a new one (it's my own opinion of course).

Regards.
Not sure if this is still being considered in the future, but I did get it to work reasonably well in one of my own tests:

[attachment=41556]

But I did find the following (to be expected) bugs:
  • The smiles box for the default editor won't input those emotions into the TinyMCE editor textarea.
  • Not all popular plugins are compatible, though surprisingly some did actually function in the div/textarea, such as DVZ Mentions
  • The image upload feature can get a bit buggy if not properly added i.e. HTTP Error: 403. 
Not saying that there won't be more issues with it, but technically you could integrate it easily enough within myBB. 
I believe Shade looked at TinyMCE recently and found a few issues with it, but I can't remember off the top of my head what the issues actually were.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6