MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TinyMCE for the editor ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2016-01-23, 09:49 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]for me ckeditor and sceditor has same amount of bugs...

However it's more likely that those bugs are fixed in CKEditor than in SCEditor....
(2016-01-23, 11:30 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]However it's more likely that those bugs are fixed in CKEditor than in SCEditor....

This is more probabilistic question. CKEditor like release new version alway... now working in 5...
issue of 4 that not solved not matter more...
and in new version invents adding more thing, so load more slow (more Kbs), and create new bugs...
so CKEditor alway has bugged version because of question above.

of cource, i need agree that SCEditor already dead.
so if mybb team will active all buttons in source mode (bbcode mode) in CK, for me this question not matter more.
(2016-01-23, 09:49 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]for me ckeditor and sceditor has same amount of bugs...

No way. Been using CKEditor for years now, and didn't find a bug that was on SCEditor too. Not saying there aren't bug, because I found some, but they are quite small bugs that don't really matter.
(2016-01-24, 11:01 AM)Phrenetiick Wrote: [ -> ]

No way. Been using CKEditor for years now, and didn't find a bug that was on SCEditor too. Not saying there aren't bug, because I found some, but they are quite small bugs that don't really matter.

you used ipb?
ckeditor work fine with html outpout, but not with bbcode output.

and i know that with html output work fine because i using with joomla.
(2016-01-24, 01:04 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]you used ipb?
ckeditor work fine with html outpout, but not with bbcode output.

and i know that with html output work fine because i using with joomla.

No, I'm using CKEditor on my current MyBB forums
I just want to add that I got help from SCEditor author thru the email......note that I did much work to get what I needed and he fixed the bug in the extra js I wanted to add....
SCEditor was a bad option for MyBB 1.8... step back. The most bugged editor ever, I hope we will get CKeditor in MyBB 2.0. At least something with active development, not dead SCEditor
Tried both, CKEditor ftw
i found one bug in ck plugin in 30 secound...
and i already fixed here... maybe i will release my version of plugin, with only necessary thing to reduce load time.
not possible use something that in pc spend more than 3 secounds to load. in smartphone will spend more time depend of speed of 3G or 4G.

and i not understand that people saying that sceditor not work with smartphone. i using here android 5.1 with FF and sceditor work fine here.
(2016-01-27, 01:37 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]i found one bug in ck plugin in 30 secound...
and i already fixed here... maybe i will release my version of plugin, with only necessary thing to reduce load time.
not possible use something that in pc spend more than 3 secounds to load. in smartphone will spend more time depend of speed of 3G or 4G.

and i not understand that people saying that sceditor not work with smartphone. i using here android 5.1 with FF and sceditor work fine here.

I'll record a video of me attempting to type using SCEditor on an iPad Mini from 2014 then. The lag between typing letters and them being rendered is horrendous.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6