MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Wiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

MyBB Wiki was a plugin developed in 2012/2013. I picked development up again, polished it off, and felt comfortable enough to release version 1.0.0, followed quickly by 1.0.1 to incorporate a version scanner.

The Wiki Plugins I have seen are usually outdated and/or buggy. That's why I wanted to build this, a simple, extensible wiki with a solid and reliable backend.

MyBB Wiki is my view at a wiki. It is very simple without the bells and whistles. It sports MyCode, Article Protection and a dedicated Admin CP Module, from which you can manage articles posted, add categories and read Documentation.

Features:
  • A permissions system set throughout the front-end
  • Importation and Exportation of Wiki Articles (useful if you need to uninstall the Wiki due to updates, etc)
  • Easy to use Article Protection means that official and important articles cannot be edited by non-staff
  • Easy to understand MyCode syntax for linking Wiki Pages -- [[3]] links to an article with id 3.
  • Fully customisable through theming and plugins
  • Integrated Markdown support. You can view a guide to this here (absolute beginners) or here (recommended).

MyBB Wiki is on the Mods Site here and GitHub here. The master branch of the GitHub repo is considered bleeding edge, and releases are tagged on the releases page (which you should download new versions from).
thanks for the release.

after installing it and checking out the wiki tab in the admin cp, I clicked on 'check for updates' and it just went to a page without saying anything. is this the intended behavior?

[Image: 5WlrfsQ.jpg]

another quick bug: the 'github' link within documentation section in the admin cp links to a bad link. it's linking to this url, which is dead: https://github.com/Krytic/MyBB-Wiki

correct url: https://github.com/Krytic/MyBBWiki

what is the url for the wiki on our site? might not be a bad idea to include this in the docs.
^ obviously you already knew the wiki url on your forum (forumURL/wiki.php) - and yes, its better to add it in the documentation.
(2016-02-15, 08:13 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ obviously you already knew the wiki url on your forum (forumURL/wiki.php) - and yes, its better to add it in the documentation.

thanks.

found another bug...

if I go to mysite.com/wiki.php, click on my article name (unprotected article), nothing shows, even though there is content for the article.

screenshots:

[Image: RmmHf17.jpg]

[Image: gxhZLoR.jpg]
^ looks like there is a mistake in wiki_article template - {$wiki['contents']} should be replaced by {$wiki['content']}
(2016-02-15, 09:14 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ looks like there is a mistake in wiki_article template - {$wiki['contents']} should be replaced by {$wiki['content']}

Yes. i replace and work.

bbcode not support this plug and editor?
^ in the plugin settings disable Markdown Parser (i.e. select No for Use Markdown Parser setting)
(2016-02-15, 12:00 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ in the plugin settings disable Markdown Parser (i.e. select No for Use Markdown Parser setting)

thanks bro.
last quest: not work spoiler?
^ which spoiler code you are using ? is it added to the editor ?
(2016-02-15, 12:45 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ which spoiler code you are using ? is it added to the editor ?

this http://community.mybb.com/thread-159302.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6