MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] MyIPB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
why me is smashed?
FORUM
(2016-05-23, 01:58 PM)Espex Wrote: [ -> ]why me is smashed?
FORUM

What?
If you're complaining about the text not showing up, then you have to activate the "Xstyles Language Variables" plugin (named something of the sort)

(2016-05-22, 02:02 PM)THC Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-22, 05:55 AM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]The footer actually looks pretty off. When I'm thinking IPB footer the image that comes to mind is this
[Image: 7933754426.png]

To be honest I'm not a fan of using custom language variables either. Seems like making more clutter for something not worth it.

(2016-05-21, 05:22 PM)THC Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind, I have already finished the whole thing by myself. Thanks anyways, Toungue

Looking forward to the release

The custom vars are completely annoying to me, cause usually some of them end up not working and well... it's annoying. Toungue & yeah, the footer could have been better, so I just used the default one and wa-la https://gyazo.com/5234d30a155bc4af2f005082ebfdebaa it ended up looking decent.

Not half bad. But for a theme "MyIPB" a custom crafted one would look best. I'll try to churn something out.
(2016-05-23, 02:15 PM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-23, 01:58 PM)Espex Wrote: [ -> ]why me is smashed?
FORUM

What?
If you're complaining about the text not showing up, then you have to activate the "Xstyles Language Variables" plugin (named something of the sort)

(2016-05-22, 02:02 PM)THC Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-22, 05:55 AM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]The footer actually looks pretty off. When I'm thinking IPB footer the image that comes to mind is this
[Image: 7933754426.png]

To be honest I'm not a fan of using custom language variables either. Seems like making more clutter for something not worth it.

(2016-05-21, 05:22 PM)THC Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind, I have already finished the whole thing by myself. Thanks anyways, Toungue

Looking forward to the release

The custom vars are completely annoying to me, cause usually some of them end up not working and well... it's annoying. Toungue & yeah, the footer could have been better, so I just used the default one and wa-la https://gyazo.com/5234d30a155bc4af2f005082ebfdebaa it ended up looking decent.

Not half bad. But for a theme "MyIPB" a custom crafted one would look best. I'll try to churn something out.

Well brother, if you end up making everything great. (I tried) could you send it my way?
Absolutely man. I also found a little glitch.
[Image: 5177459248.jpg]
See the arrow misplaced adjacent to the PM logo? Gotta fix it lmao

Edit: also found a couple of deprecated links, fixing
{$post_code_string} isn't called in template "nav"
you have to update the files in the folder languages ​​of theme. He was noted missing "s" should it not correct folder uploaded.

(2016-05-23, 02:46 PM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely man. I also found a little glitch.
[Image: 5177459248.jpg]
See the arrow misplaced adjacent to the PM logo? Gotta fix it lmao

Edit: also found a couple of deprecated links, fixing
{$post_code_string} isn't called in template "nav"

That error will be corrected if rather "margin-top, margin-left" to "top, left". it will be repaired
I develop on Chrome first and then check the finished product on Mozilla. This time I don't even check anything, I don't know if that arrow is bugged on chrome too.

For the nav, I don't think I touch any MyBB variable there (but again, I don't remember).

There are two files on the language folder, one is used for the plugin to load custom language vars, the other is index.lang.php, that's MyBB language file modified for the statistics (my work is based on the latest version of IPB and their style is basically the same I make on this dev. theme).

I know some of you prefer to put the text on the templates, but having all the custom variables in just one file (at least for me) is better. And also, you can make several copies of the same vars_envy.lang.php file and use it for different languages with other translations (you can't do that if you use direct text on the templates).

Thanks to all, I'm trying to get better to keep doing what I love and finish this template too.

Also, anyone can use my work, modify it and if they want, release it, I'm not gonna say anything; the only thing that I always demand is respect for my work, a simple text on the footer or a mention is all that I ask.

Thanks again, regards.

P.d.: If I'm lucky, today I can grab a new hard drive.
I don't have any particular dislike for your way of introducing variables into the theme either, but since I've been on the *impromptu* support team of IcyBoards for so long, I can't help but find it being more work than benefit.

You've done a great job on all your design so far. It'd be an honor for me to be able to add to it.
(2016-05-25, 03:21 PM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have any particular dislike for your way of introducing variables into the theme either, but since I've been on the *impromptu* support team of IcyBoards for so long, I can't help but find it being more work than benefit.

You've done a great job on all your design so far. It'd be an honor for me to be able to add to it.

Oh, I understand why haha, but it's a limit placed by the host in this particular case. If people want it I can drop the plugin and use custom text directly in the templates.

I've a brand new sata 3 hdd of 1 tb, and I'm better so... time to finish this.

Regards.

P.d.: I've notice I missed an "s" on "language" folder.
(2016-05-26, 01:59 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-25, 03:21 PM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have any particular dislike for your way of introducing variables into the theme either, but since I've been on the *impromptu* support team of IcyBoards for so long, I can't help but find it being more work than benefit.

Oh, I understand why haha, but it's a limit placed by the host in this particular case. If people want it I can drop the plugin and use custom text directly in the templates.

Regards.

I find themes that require plugins for basic text to be extremely annoying, not just as a forum host but for my own general use as well. Just my two cents...
(2016-05-26, 04:48 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-26, 01:59 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards.

I find themes that require plugins for basic text to be extremely annoying, not just as a forum host but for my own general use as well. Just my two cents...

Thanks, I've deleted all the custom vars and dropped the plugin. To make fair enough to the people who wants to know where the custom text is, I've created a simple .txt file with all the templates who have text.

Cheers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7