MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyIPB theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(2019-12-05, 10:31 AM)Abraham54 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello eNvy,
your theme is great, I have only a problem with the Last Post Avatar extension, it is not working in your style.

You need to check how the plugin itself insert the avatar and make the right modifications to the theme templates.

--------------

Updated to MyBB 1.8.22.
I have helped many users with that issue because it will sounds weird but users have already their forums, so they change their style and think all must works like magic.

All vars added by plugins only will work once you have your style for first instance, that way i know they say i have solved with deactivation or uninstall and reinstall and activate so they have to know when they have changed their theme they need to add all modifications that is why is complex to create and mantain updated themes and / or plugins.

Many times if the theme developer use self mybb default vars all will work, the problem came when they add own vars and remove mybb ones, so i am sure this and many other themes works perfect with the avatars plugin but they will need to deactivate and activate to load all, stylesheet, vars inside templates and more, or can open the file and do the var additions and do it manually but there are a lot of them already so i think they are wasting our time in most of the cases.
I wonder how you get the same menu tree as the original theme

I would like tips on how to change this as shown in the pictures.

[Image: IHWkWvP.png]

[Image: u6ZZlaT.png]

I want to have the text and information centered as it appears on the original.
This is very well done! Thank you. It does IPB justice, and that’s not easy to pull off on MyBB.
(2020-02-19, 02:08 AM)Whiteneo Wrote: [ -> ]I have helped many users with that issue because it will sounds weird but users have already their forums, so they change their style and think all must works like magic.

All vars added by plugins only will work once you have your style for first instance, that way i know they say i have solved with deactivation or uninstall and reinstall and activate so they have to know when they have changed their theme they need to add all modifications that is why is complex to create and mantain updated themes and / or plugins.

Many times if the theme developer use self mybb default vars all will work, the problem came when they add own vars and remove mybb ones, so i am sure this and many other themes works perfect with the avatars plugin but they will need to deactivate and activate to load all, stylesheet, vars inside templates and more, or can open the file and do the var additions and do it manually but there are a lot of them already so i think they are wasting our time in most of the cases.

Alwas a pleasure reading you Neo. Hope you're doing great.

(2020-02-19, 11:50 AM)OakleY Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder how you get the same menu tree as the original theme

I would like tips on how to change this as shown in the pictures.

[Image: IHWkWvP.png]

[Image: u6ZZlaT.png]

I want to have the text and information centered as it appears on the original.

Ok, follow this mini-tutorial:

Go to your ACP, then > Templates & Styles > Templates > MyIPB Templates > Forum Display Templates

Now search for forumdisplay_thread template

Replace all the code inside for this one:

<tr class="inline_row">
	<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}" width="2%"><span class="thread_status {$folder}" title="{$folder_label}">&nbsp;{$icon}</span></td>
	<td class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}" colspan="2">
		{$attachment_count}
		<div>
          <span>{$prefix} {$gotounread}{$thread['threadprefix']}<span class="{$inline_edit_class} {$new_class}" id="tid_{$inline_edit_tid}"><a href="{$thread['threadlink']}">{$thread['subject']}</a></span>{$thread['multipage']}</span>
			<div class="grayp" style="text-align: left;">By {$thread['profilelink']}</div>
		</div>
	</td>
	{$rating}
	<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=whoposted&tid={$thread['tid']}" onclick="MyBB.whoPosted({$thread['tid']}); return false;">{$thread['replies']}</a>{$unapproved_posts}</td>
	<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}">{$thread['views']}</td>
	<td class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: right;">
		<span class="lastpost smalltext" style="padding-left: 4px;"><span class="fd_replies">{$lastposterlink}</span> <a href="{$thread['lastpostlink']}" title="{$lang->lastpost}"><i class="fa fa-angle-right fa-fw icon"></i></a><br />
		<span class="grayp" style="text-align: left; padding-left: 5px;">{$lastpostdate}</span></span>
	</td>
{$modbit}
</tr>

Save the changes.

Now search for forumdisplay_thread_modbit template

<td class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="inlinemod_{$multitid}" id="inlinemod_{$multitid}" value="1" {$inlinecheck}  /></td>

Save the changes.

Finally, search for forumdisplay_threadlist template

<div style="float: left;">
 <span class="forum_title">{$foruminfo['name']}</span><br />
<span class="forum_desc">{$foruminfo['description']}</span>
</div>

<div class="subs_button" style="float: right;">
<a href="usercp.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;type=forum&amp;fid={$fid}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a>{$clearstoredpass}
</div>

<br class="clear" /><br />

<div style="float: right;">
<span class="forum_markread"><a href="misc.php?action=markread&amp;fid={$fid}{$post_code_string}"><i class="fa fa-check fa-fw"></i> {$lang->markforum_read}</a></span>
{$newthread}
</div>

<br class="clear" /><br />

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder clear">
<tr>
<td class="thead_two" colspan="3" width="66%"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=subject&amp;order=asc">{$lang->thread}</a> {$orderarrow['subject']} / <a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=starter&amp;order=asc">{$lang->author}</a> {$orderarrow['starter']}</strong></td>
<td class="thead_two" align="center" width="7%"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=replies&amp;order=desc">{$lang->replies}</a> {$orderarrow['replies']}</strong></td>
<td class="thead_two" align="center" width="7%"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=views&amp;order=desc">{$lang->views}</a> {$orderarrow['views']}</strong></td>
{$ratingcol}
<td class="thead_two" align="right" width="20%"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=lastpost&amp;order=desc">{$lang->lastpost}</a> {$orderarrow['lastpost']}</strong></td>
{$inlinemodcol}
</tr>

<tr>
<td class="lightblue" colspan="8">
<span style="float: left;">{$multipage}</span>
</td>
</tr>

{$selectall}
{$announcementlist}
{$threads}

</table>
<div class="lightblue clearfix">
<span style="float: left;">{$multipage}</span>
<span style="float: right; padding: 5px 8px;">
<form action="forumdisplay.php" method="get">
<input type="hidden" name="fid" value="{$fid}" />
<select name="sortby">
<option value="subject"{$sortsel['subject']}>{$lang->sort_by_subject}</option>
<option value="lastpost"{$sortsel['lastpost']}>{$lang->sort_by_lastpost}</option>
<option value="starter"{$sortsel['starter']}>{$lang->sort_by_starter}</option>
<option value="started"{$sortsel['started']}>{$lang->sort_by_started}</option>
{$ratingsort}
<option value="replies"{$sortsel['replies']}>{$lang->sort_by_replies}</option>
<option value="views"{$sortsel['views']}>{$lang->sort_by_views}</option>
</select>
<select name="order">
<option value="asc"{$ordersel['asc']}>{$lang->sort_order_asc}</option>
<option value="desc"{$ordersel['desc']}>{$lang->sort_order_desc}</option>
</select>
<select name="datecut">
<option value="1"{$datecutsel['1']}>{$lang->datelimit_1day}</option>
<option value="5"{$datecutsel['5']}>{$lang->datelimit_5days}</option>
<option value="10"{$datecutsel['10']}>{$lang->datelimit_10days}</option>
<option value="20"{$datecutsel['20']}>{$lang->datelimit_20days}</option>
<option value="50"{$datecutsel['50']}>{$lang->datelimit_50days}</option>
<option value="75"{$datecutsel['75']}>{$lang->datelimit_75days}</option>
<option value="100"{$datecutsel['100']}>{$lang->datelimit_100days}</option>
<option value="365"{$datecutsel['365']}>{$lang->datelimit_lastyear}</option>
<option value="9999"{$datecutsel['9999']}>{$lang->datelimit_beginning}</option>
</select>
{$prefixselect}
{$gobutton}
</form>
</span>
</div>
<br class="clear" />
<br />
<div class="float_left">
<div class="float_left">
<dl class="thread_legend smalltext">
<dd><span class="thread_status newfolder" title="{$lang->new_thread}">&nbsp;</span> {$lang->new_thread}</dd>
<dd><span class="thread_status newhotfolder" title="{$lang->new_hot_thread}">&nbsp;</span> {$lang->new_hot_thread}</dd>
<dd><span class="thread_status hotfolder" title="{$lang->hot_thread}">&nbsp;</span> {$lang->hot_thread}</dd>
</dl>
</div>
<div class="float_left">
<dl class="thread_legend smalltext">
<dd><span class="thread_status folder" title="{$lang->no_new_thread}">&nbsp;</span> {$lang->no_new_thread}</dd>
<dd><span class="thread_status dot_folder" title="{$lang->posts_by_you}">&nbsp;</span> {$lang->posts_by_you}</dd>
<dd><span class="thread_status closefolder" title="{$lang->closed_thread}">&nbsp;</span> {$lang->closed_thread}</dd>
</dl>
</div>
<br class="clear" />
</div>
<div class="float_right" style="text-align: right;">
{$inlinemod}
{$searchforum}
{$forumjump}
</div>
<br class="clear" />
{$inline_edit_js}

Save the changes.

That's all.

(2020-02-19, 01:34 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]This is very well done! Thank you. It does IPB justice, and that’s not easy to pull off on MyBB.

Thank you.

Well, it's not quite the same as IPB but at least the most used templates are similar. That was the general idea behind this theme.

Also it looks cleaner for me... sometimes less is more.
Thanks eNvy.

Followed your guide but something went crazy when you pasted your code. How to change this?

[Image: EWlAOnZ.png]
Hello eNvy.
its a great theme .. i love it .. but the search function not work ... i use 1.8.19 version.
Are you going to make a Dark version now?
Hi,

is there still support for this theme?

I tried to get PORTAL in the navigation. So i edited the header template:

<div id="tabs" class="clearfix">
		<div class="wrapper3">
			<div class="menu">
				<ul>
					<li id="porto"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php">Portal</a></li>

But when I click on portal, it isn't highlighted. So where can I define the ID porto or an other ID for the navigation?

Thanks a lot for help!
Quick question if you don't mind, does the sidebar addon work with the theme?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14